8 GB insufficient!!

jack6191

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Is there something like apps2sd like the androids..I mean 8gb on lumia 630 is not at all enough..
Suggestions welcome..
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPod touch using WPCentral Forums mobile app

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Is there something like apps2sd like the androids..I mean 8gb on lumia 630 is not at all enough..
Suggestions welcome..
Thanks in advance

The short answer: no. The next round of updates may address this to some degree, but in the meantime, you're forced to manage your data closely.

jack6191

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Okay dude..it's really painful and the extendable memory can only be used for songs and the like..
Thanks man:)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Okay dude..it's really painful and the extendable memory can only be used for songs and the like..
Thanks man:)

Yup, I own a Lumia 810 and know exactly how you feel. Just keep your chin up and manage the data. Hopefully the next round of updates will give us both relief...

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I doubt they are going to provide any kind of app2sd(like in Android) seeing security concerns. It has not been implemented in IOS either, not sure if jailbreaking helps.

they are better off implementing screen lock rotation, better audio api management, etc for the next WP update!

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
That's why there are should be no cheap windows phones as they bring nothing. Minimum 16gb should be as the start point. Also I see no reason to release 512mb ram phones as they will not run a lot of new and upcoming games and even applications!

jack6191

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
That's why there are should be no cheap windows phones as they bring nothing. Minimum 16gb should be as the start point. Also I see no reason to release 512mb ram phones as they will not run a lot of new and upcoming games and even applications!

I see..what you say is really logical..couldn't they(msft) think of it? Strange

jack6191

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
But what if the apps and games are optimised for a 512mb ram device?

jack6191

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I doubt they are going to provide any kind of app2sd(like in Android) seeing security concerns. It has not been implemented in IOS either, not sure if jailbreaking helps.

they are better off implementing screen lock rotation, better audio api management, etc for the next WP update!

I see...thanks dude :)

Steephill

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
They have cheap smartphones for people who dont want to pay full price for a high end device, or dont want to sign a contract to get a cheap price for a phone. If you want full features, you're going to have to pay for it.

jack6191

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
They have cheap smartphones for people who dont want to pay full price for a high end device, or dont want to sign a contract to get a cheap price for a phone. If you want full features, you're going to have to pay for it.

I feel this discussion is getting off-topic!
I needed a solution to my existing device..not about how people don't want to pay and other ****...I already own iPod touch 5..and of course won't pay that much for a windows phone with so many glitches..

Last edited by a moderator:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
What you're looking at is one of the trade-offs that comes with buying a low-end phone. It's not a glitch, as you say, but a matter of choosing to pay less for a phone with lesser capabilities. The reason that Nokia is making low-end phones is because there is a demand for low-end phones. If you want better, you'll have to buy better. And this is not getting off-topic - it's addressing your desire for more storage. Want more storage? Buy more storage.

jack6191

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
What you're looking at is one of the trade-offs that comes with buying a low-end phone. It's not a glitch, as you say, but a matter of choosing to pay less for a phone with lesser capabilities. The reason that Nokia is making low-end phones is because there is a demand for low-end phones. If you want better, you'll have to buy better. And this is not getting off-topic - it's addressing your desire for more storage. Want more storage? Buy more storage.

Yeah I know that..and I said that I don't feel like purchasing a high end windows phone..I am satisfied with my iPod..I was just asking if there was a solution :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

ListenUpGuys

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia Lumia Storage Check app lets you move your maps to the SD card too, saving some more space.

I do wonder why I have 2GB of "other" files though. The app won't give details.

jack6191

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
The Nokia Lumia Storage Check app lets you move your maps to the SD card too, saving some more space.

I do wonder why I have 2GB of "other" files though. The app won't give details.
Yeah i too face that issue and just posted a message on windows operating system section of the forum:)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe addressing the 'other storage issue' in future updates could be kind of a solution.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention