Lumia mic stops working when connected to car stereo

Fishtoast

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Alrighty, so I sold my ipod touch and bought a Nokia Lumia. Best decision I have ever made.

Anyway, so as with my old ipod and can connect the Lumia to my car stereo via bluetooth and play music directly from it, which is cool. That all works. However, while I was driving I received a txt and the music stopped and the phone asked me if i'd like her to read it out, I tried to tell it to do so... But sadly for some reason the mic on my phone doesn't work while it is bluetoothed to my stereo, it picks up nothing.

Anyone have any idea why it doesn't work? Do I need another mic?

sManowar

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have this same problem. It is caused when you have Bluetooth synced to the car. The mic is routed to the car's mic but, depending on the car's system, the mic is only activated during an incoming call. I have no idea how to decouple that functionality.

sManowar

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have this same problem. It happens when you pair the phone to the car via Bluetooth. The mic is then routed to the car's mic system, but unfortunately, that mic is not activated until a call comes in. The only solution I can think of is get another Bluetooth system or turn off Bluetooth.

Alrighty, so I sold my ipod touch and bought a Nokia Lumia. Best decision I have ever made.
Anyway, so as with my old ipod and can connect the Lumia to my car stereo via bluetooth and play music directly from it, which is cool. That all works. However, while I was driving I received a txt and the music stopped and the phone asked me if i'd like her to read it out, I tried to tell it to do so... But sadly for some reason the mic on my phone doesn't work while it is bluetoothed to my stereo, it picks up nothing.

Anyone have any idea why it doesn't work? Do I need another mic?

Fishtoast

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that sounds right. I really want to find a way to use the phone mic while it is connected though. My stereo mic doesn't work as I would want it to. :\

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
If you have gdr3, there is an option in the bluetooth settings to use an alternate method. Allows me to respond with voice via BT on my Pioneer head unit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720