Windows Phone 8 Volume Profile Concept

soulcancer

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I thought that this would be an awesome idea for WP8.

Volume profiles that can be selected through the volume button screen. These profiles are editable, and can be scheduled for time or location.

How to activate:

1) Press the volume button
2) Slide from off screen either left or right depending on what side you want it to appear.
3) Scroll up or down and select the profile you desire
4) Turn off screen.

The profiles come with either words or little PNGs (I stole these from Android's Volume Control app)
At the bottom of the scroll able list is the menu button where you can create a new profile, edit a profile, or delete a profile.

Something like this I think would be awesome as Android has it in a widget form.
This way, the profiles can be accessed extremely quickly and it doesn't clutter up the screen if you don't want to use them.

WP8 Volume Bar Profiles JPEG.jpg

Ediddy1

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
This is a tremendous idea. I used Windows Mobile in the v5 and 6 days. They used to have this feature and it was awesome. I and many of my friends thought it was the best thing about the phones. Sadly they removed it and have never added it back. The favorite feature was it would read your calendar and automatically select the correct profile. That way you never had to even select the profile. If you were in a meeting you just knew your phone had already changed itself to silent. A 3rd party program that I used too enhanced this feature by making it location aware. When I was work and not in a meeting it would use one profile and when I got home it would automatically switch to another profile. PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE BACK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12