Anyone else seeing advertising booths like this?

ikissfutebol

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
If you visit the Columbus Zoo, you are greeted with this large bit of Lumia promotion at the main gate. I was there 6/20 and 6/22 taking pictures with my zoom digital camera. I have no idea how long it lasts and haven't found anything online that really talks about it. I'm wondering if there are more super popular places where these are popping up? I can't speak for all zoos, but the Columbus Zoo is seemingly always packed and even more so in the summer. There was about a 10 minute wait once the gates opened today because the lines were so long. People were starring at this sign for a long time!

gatead.jpg

Out in the "Asia" part of the zoo (next to the Asian aviary by the tigers, if you're planning a visit), you find one of these. Yes, it is manned. I took a quick picture of it and didn't realize I missed the two guys in their orange Windows Phone/Lumia t-shirts until later. The first time I went I talked with the guys and asked if they were getting a bit of interest after showing him my 928. He replied by telling me what they were doing there and essentially gave me a mini sales pitch, except for saying "as you know" many times throughout. I noticed another one in the Africa/Congo inside a building by an aviary today. They were tucked in a corner and were both actually on their white lumias, ignoring everyone else. I can't imagine they stay that way all the time. It might have made a bit more sense to be by the polar bears or something that gets even more foot traffic. In addition to your picture being taken, little kids get a paper animal crown/hat... or maybe they are all frogs? It looked like little kids that had their pictures done were picking them out, but I only ever saw frog ones.

asiabooth.jpg

Has anyone else seen these kinds of promotions? I know from spying on it for a couple minutes, they are taking pictures and showing how easy it is to share the pictures. Other than that, I can only hope they are showing off other features. In hindsight, I should have asked if they were Microsoft, Nokia, or a third-party marketing group. I CAN say that every single guy that was working the booths at least had a white Lumia out and clearly visible, even if only holding it. It might have drawn more attention if they had a color more unique to the Lumia line, like yellow, cyan, green, etc. as a white phone is not really eye catching anymore these days.

Attachments

• asiabooth.jpg
    asiabooth.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon