Notifications on Windows phone 8.1

Arpitz

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
How would you like your notifications on Windows phone 8.1?
1. Pull down menu style like Android and iOS.
(which cant be accessed from games and other apps such as wpcentral which lack notification bar)
2. Live tile on home screen like Unification.
3. Third home screen support i.e. Left side swipe from Start to access notifications and general settings.
( But non accessible from apps)
4. Inclusion in Multitasking window on the right side by long press of back button.
( A feature i thought of which includes utilisation of unused right space in multitasking pane. Makes it accessible from anywhere)
5. New Notification window on long press of search button.
( A concept i came up with where long press of search button will bring up a Notifications/ quick settings/ upcoming appointments transparent themed window on whichever app you are using. Choose from the apps whose notifications you want to see or just see all and access the app from the panel directly. A quick back button press and you are back to whatever you were doing. This makes it accessible from anywhere and can be called Bing notifications.)

Which one would you like? Or you have your own idea? Leave comments below :)

savingpvtbryan

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
How about replacing the useless search button with a notification button? I never use the search button, even when I try to search for something.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
How about replacing the useless search button with a notification button? I never use the search button, even when I try to search for something.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

You are one of few. I think a hold of the home should bring up the notification or what have you and search should activate voice.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I use the search button just as much as the others (maybe more than back button)

I think double tapping the home button would be a nice way to access notifications.

savingpvtbryan

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
The problem with the search button is that I accidentally hit it all the time. It's horrible when you're playing a game.

Right swipe is a good idea but you can't access the notifications everywhere if it's a right swipe.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

kokola95

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Swipe to the right

The search button is actually very useful and it doesn't make sense if holding search button will bring us to notification center

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
This can be done nicely by many ways. But I don't like the iphone/android idea of pulling from top.

1. A tile based notifications center is a good idea as long as it's highly functional and also good looking to be put as a double wide tile ( as I use unification now ) I'll post a picture soon.
2. The swipe from left is by far my favorite, but you can't access from within the apps.
3. The search button is a good idea man.. But with modifications, a single tap should lunch the notifications center and a long press would lunch the search by Bing.
Not a big fan of transparency though.

Question is ... Is there anyone to hear you here? Or its just us crying for a feature found on my mother's galaxy Y

Check out my last post about Skype concept, im sure you will like it.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=42D70C5214629529!252&authkey=!AE3DJiPqAIPjnBE

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
press and hold the search button (at least this useless button will serve to something :))

I use this button all the time, hardly worthless.

Hopefully with Windows Phone 8.1 they introduce universal search like we have with Windows 8 already, I love search on Windows 8, it is probably the most powerful new feature in Windows.

As far as notification center, what about a double tap of the home button? Access it from anywhere, even in apps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion