Instagram suddenly inactive?

Matt Mizenko

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else getting this? Suddenly, after using my account (created via Instance) with Instagram, today I am told via the client that my ;login has changed and to enter the new one. When using the website, it tells me my account is inactive.

Very weird. Is it just me?

Thanks...
-Matt

afg_farnab

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else getting this? Suddenly, after using my account (created via Instance) with Instagram, today I am told via the client that my ;login has changed and to enter the new one. When using the website, it tells me my account is inactive.

Very weird. Is it just me?

Thanks...
-Matt

Widespread actually. If you search "Instagram disabled" in Twitter, you'll see lots of reports.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
This is probably Instagram responding to the unofficial clients. Disable their accounts, watch the one star reviews roll in, watch people flock to iPhone or Android. It's so epic a plan it's foolproof.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
if Instagram actually went through the trouble of detecting which accounts were created through unofficial clients then that is a little too Orwellian and Google ish to me....I think I'll pass and stick to Twitter.

Matt Mizenko

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
In the last 24 hours or so I have sent a billion Tweets and FB Messages to Instagram and received absolutely no response. Zero. I can't find any other channels. I'd at least like to know WHY they nuked us before I go and create another account.

lurh

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this problem too! Except I just got the account and 20 mins later I got logged out and haven't been able to get back in with the same login since... I even tried to re-register and can't do that on instance. I have the paid app too

Larrissa

Lynn G

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I'd really like to confirm that this is the case, my teen dd had her instagram account deleted yesterday and new account deleted today - which is practically like sending her back to medieval times :p - she is very much wanting to be off windows phone at this point. Unfortunately we are out of the return time period, so she would have to take drastic steps to get a different phone, and we want to be sure what is happening and why.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
update: my acc is still normal - forgot to mention i registered thru Instance - but i haven't upload anything in the past 2 days...maybe if i try and upload smth, the same will happen to me? '-'

edit: i'm always logged in since i registered btw

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I guess Instagram finally decided to shut off their API to 3rd party clients.

They can't cut the API off, because it is the official API used by the official clients. but I'm betting if you look at their official clients they probably released a very minor update recently that has the official clients passing a watermark or marker of some type to the API to verify they are legit official clients. Then all Instagram would have to do is delete any account that shows an upload not coming with that watermark or marker included in the upload.

This is why I never pay for unofficial clients because the IP holder will ALWAYS **** with them. Pandora did it, Twitter did it, and now Instagram is doing it.

teshny

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
My account is suddenly inactive. I have been using Instance and Intragraph for a while without issues. Not sure if it is worth creating another account, if they are so anti Windows Phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99