Youtube app cache eating my "Other" Space?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
This may have been asked a zillion times already, but now the official youtube app is long gone from the wp8 store.

I notice that when I watch any video, the size of my 'Other' increases, its irritating because I have limited device memory and I need to install my apps in the same memory :/.

Has anyone found a solution to this or any advise?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What method are you using to watch YouTube videos now? If it's via the mobile web page, then you should be able to regain space by deleting your IE cache.

If you're using another 3rd party app, then it's the developer's issue.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Am using the microsoft youtube application which is taken off the market.
Am very scared to watch videos because seeing what its doing my other space will be occupied in a few days :/

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
This is also same problem faced by iOS users as well.

We are not alone with "App cache problem"

iOS's App Cache Problem: Why does NOBODY say anything? | The Verge Forums

Did You try re-installing the application ? (Reinstall seems to solved cache problem in iOS , Does it work with WP8 as well ?)

EDIT : I have 64GB iPad but I always thought ridiculous app size is due to retina display and never ran out of space.

I'd love to reinstall but that app is taken off the market and also I reinstalled it previously, did nothing.

Ashfaq Gazi

May 14, 2013
Visit site
If i delete youtube app will it get cleared from my others memory also.b4 2days i watched full movie on YouTube n my fone storage went

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb