WP Store purchases I meant
    06-26-2013 02:21 PM
    Depends what you mean. If you're just creating a new account with your Outlook details on (as I did), then you have to transfer purchases, to which I believe you need an Xbox.
    If it's not that, then I'm not sure. Could you explain more what you mean by "Upgrading to an Outlook account"? Cheers.
    06-26-2013 02:25 PM
    Depends what you mean. If you're just creating a new account with your Outlook details on (as I did), then you have to transfer purchases, to which I believe you need an Xbox.
    If it's not that, then I'm not sure. Could you explain more what you mean by "Upgrading to an Outlook account"? Cheers.
    I upgraded from Live.com to Outlook.com
    07-13-2013 02:15 AM
    Did you create a new outlook.com alias or a brand new outlook.com account?
    07-13-2013 03:40 AM
    Did you create a new outlook.com alias or a brand new outlook.com account?
    It asked me if i want to upgrade my "live.com" account and transform it into "outlook.com" account and I did it.

For example , my old one is xyz@live.com and now its xyz@outlook.com and both are accessible.
    07-13-2013 09:14 AM
    Did it create an alias or did it replace your main (live) to outlook with no alias? Because I want to have the outlook one too to ditch the 'live' era of windows vista, but I'm not so sure what happens if it's a developer account, like would I lose my dreamspark and that sort of dev stuff.
    07-13-2013 09:20 AM
    Did it create an alias or did it replace your main (live) to outlook with no alias? Because I want to have the outlook one too to ditch the 'live' era of windows vista, but I'm not so sure what happens if it's a developer account, like would I lose my dreamspark and that sort of dev stuff.
    Now I got it clarified.

It created a new outlook account which is completely separate from live.com account (none of my services stopped working and also my purchases didn't transfer)

Now , I just created an outlook alias and that's enough.Now everything is fine.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-13-2013 09:31 AM
    Now I got it clarified.

It created a new outlook account which is completely separate from live.com account (none of my services stopped working and also my purchases didn't transfer)

Now , I just created an outlook alias and that's enough.Now everything is fine.
    That's how I did it. I created an outlook alias, which i use instead of my old hotmail address.
    07-13-2013 03:10 PM