Confirmed: MINT is finally coming to Windows Phone and Windows 8

bradbamford

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft just announced on stage in the Day 2 Keynote at Build that Mint is bringing apps to Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.
This is great news!

Edit: To hear app announcements in the linked video above, skip ahead to 01:50:00 - 01:55:00

Last edited:

Courtney S

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Finally. Although, I can't say that I'm impressed. Pageonce has filled the slot quite nicely since I've had a windows phone. Don't know if I'll jump ship back to Mint. They held out for so long when they definitely had an app in the works (it had been confirmed, and they even had a page on their website about it).

In the end, if they offer more features, I'll probably end up using it again.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
That will make the people happy that have been downloading the mint app in the store, just to find out it's an India business news app.

bradbamford

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
They only announced that they will be bringing their app to the platform, so sadly, it will take time before it finally makes it into the store.
But at least it's coming, again.

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I was late sending my "tip" to the team. This is good news. Love it on the desktop. I would have considered a jump to Pageonce but I have too many years of data in Mint to want to switch.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Pageonce has filled the slot quite nicely since I've had a windows phone. Don't know if I'll jump ship back to Mint.
I went to go see what Pageonce was all about thanks to your post, but the recent reviews leave me feeling less than impressed. Here's one that stood out:

"Talked with a rep via email and they don't take windows phones seriously! They said that they will reevaluate at a later date as to the possibility of supporting windows phones."

I guess apparently they are having the app do some kind of "check" and it's not working, and support doesn't care to fix it? The last time a support rep said this, it was for my favorite banking app (USAA) and they pulled it and never looked back. Pageonce might suffer the same fate.

I'll have to wait and see what Mint is all about when it comes out.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see the announcement in the keynote, even though I watched it, and didn't think I missed anything... I didn't go to the page to look at the announcement, but I did get a notification that they'd replied to my post on their facebook page, and part of it said, "Just in time for the holidays." I was rather disappointed, until I thought, "Independence day is a holiday... So is Labor day..."

Nah - I can't be that fortunate... :straight:

bradbamford

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I didn't see the announcement in the keynote, even though I watched

Yeah, it was nearly two hours in, so it was easy to miss it.
For anyone who wants to hear the Windows Phone app announcements, hit the link at the top of this thread and watch from 01:50:00 - 01:55:00

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720