can't delete email from phone

BlazV

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I have HTC 8x. I am signed in with MS outlook acc. When I open my outlook client on phone there is a mail that i cannot delete. If i delete it it will come back next time when phone sync with server. I dont have this mail in inbox if i open outlook.com.

How to get rid of it?

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
hey,

Is it a single mail that is causing this issue? Once you delete the mail, click on the Sync icon in the app bar at the bottom. When it says sync is done exit and return to see if it still exists.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Since it is an outlook account I am trying not to put forward Reset as the solution. I searched over the internet also and as usual found nothing but this one user in BB having the same issue http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9930-9900-f235/one-pesky-e-mail-i-cant-delete-647819/

Finally I say, Can you try a soft reset and you could read an FAQ about resetting (there is a question in this). IF this does not resolve it, you should talk with Microsoft support (I guess they will point to hard reset after backing up your data)

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I have suddenly started suffering from this too, I have junk mail that keeps returning. It's deleted from my junk folder and my deleted items on line. It's gone but my phone keeps retrieving it somehow.
Resetting sync schedule cures it for a while then it starts happening again. First began about three weeks ago and won't go away.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I had this problems. Go in mail settings and changed to immediately delivery and exit and come back and change back.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

BlazV

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
A simple fix that worked for me:

Check the mail and mark it as unread. Sync your mail and it will vanish.
I hope it works for you too!

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Did the op try deleting the email account from the phone and re-adding it?

If it is the ms account on the phone you can't delete it, but you can uncheck the email option. This should delete all the mail from the phone and resync it after checking it again.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Did the op try deleting the email account from the phone and re-adding it?

If it is the ms account on the phone you can't delete it, but you can uncheck the email option. This should delete all the mail from the phone and resync it after checking it again.

bingo, this has worked for me a couple of times.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
This same problem has been happening a lot to me lately. Just in the past 2-3 weeks. Changed the Settings so that my Lumia 620 would not sync email. Rebooted, then changed Settings so that it would sync email again. That fixed it the first time. The second time it happened, I dug up the offending email via Outlook.com, moved it to the Inbox, then used my Lumia to move it back to where I want it. That resolved the issue, too.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
You are not even reading... I, OP, presented solution to the problem.

oh I read it all right. If you had worded your post to indicate you were the op instead of sounding like a helpful reply it would have been much clearer. Most of us don't memorize the screen name of everyone involved in the thread.

Deb IL

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I've been battling with this - 2 emails that kept returning when I sync. Finally tried the suggestion to mark as unread then re-sync - GONE!!! Thank you so much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss