Enough is enough. MS can't even fix small issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
As much as I love my 920 and 820, sometimes the little details MS can't fix makes me want to quit.

I get the feeling MS doesn't give a s**t about this platform at all. Lets list some things for beginners?

- Skype: Still sucks, and iOS/Android have better features than us. Not to mention the recently announced Video messaging etc. Not that I use it but c'mon, Skype < > MS. WTF happened.

- OTHER Storage: Thank you for the Storage Check thing it visually reconfirmed how much that Other storage makes me want to puke. I've tried everything the net suggested and it still renders my 820 useless after a month of use. 0 games installed. All media on SD. Auto Upload off. Shrink Storage used a million times. System takes 2GB that's normal. Then comes the 4.X GB OTHER Storage on my 8GB 820. Guess how much I have left with 0 games and a couple essential apps like Whatsapp installed? Less than 800mb.

- FB is getting better but nowhere near other platforms level.

- SkyDrive albums are blank in Photos hub: This is probably the most minor issue but still annoying, and hasn't been fixed in more than 8 months. This bug can't be that hard to squash and after searching various forums and sites, THERE IS STILL NO SOLUTION. Creating new folders and all works a bit until you reboot your phone. So it is not a complete fix. These small details do count.

I'm pretty sure the WP8 experience is still good. I love my 920 and it is the best smartphone I ever used. Other than the Other storage being a huge pain in the @$$ the rest are minor stuff that I can get through w/o any problems. But it is just the attitude of MS (JOE) promising everything with no sign of it whatsoever. The Photo hub issue is really minor and should've been fixed LONG time ago. In threads (in MS's own thread) people don't even get replies regarding this issue it's pathetic.

Again, I love my 920 but I just think these problems should be listed in one thread and I know I'm not the only one annoyed by this. MS's "Next firmware" updates take forever and if they are trying fix them all at once, I'm sorry but it isn't going to work because we fall behind other OS's by a mile. By the time we get what others have already, they are already on another level. And it's been like this already since WP7. It's 2013 MS.
Honestly getting tired.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
As much as I love my 920 and 820, sometimes the little details MS can't fix makes me want to quit.

I get the feeling MS doesn't give a s**t about this platform at all. Lets list some things for beginners?

- Skype: Still sucks, and iOS/Android have better features than us. Not to mention the recently announced Video messaging etc. Not that I use it but c'mon, Skype < > MS. WTF happened.

- OTHER Storage: Thank you for the Storage Check thing it visually reconfirmed how much that Other storage makes me want to puke. I've tried everything the net suggested and it still renders my 820 useless after a month of use. 0 games installed. All media on SD. Auto Upload off. Shrink Storage used a million times. System takes 2GB that's normal. Then comes the 4.X GB OTHER Storage on my 8GB 820. Guess how much I have left with 0 games and a couple essential apps like Whatsapp installed? Less than 800mb.

- FB is getting better but nowhere near other platforms level.

- SkyDrive albums are blank in Photos hub: This is probably the most minor issue but still annoying, and hasn't been fixed in more than 8 months. This bug can't be that hard to squash and after searching various forums and sites, THERE IS STILL NO SOLUTION. Creating new folders and all works a bit until you reboot your phone. So it is not a complete fix. These small details do count.

I'm pretty sure the WP8 experience is still good. I love my 920 and it is the best smartphone I ever used. Other than the Other storage being a huge pain in the @$$ the rest are minor stuff that I can get through w/o any problems. But it is just the attitude of MS (JOE) promising everything with no sign of it whatsoever. The Photo hub issue is really minor and should've been fixed LONG time ago. In threads (in MS's own thread) people don't even get replies regarding this issue it's pathetic.

Again, I love my 920 but I just think these problems should be listed in one thread and I know I'm not the only one annoyed by this. MS's "Next firmware" updates take forever and if they are trying fix them all at once, I'm sorry but it isn't going to work because we fall behind other OS's by a mile. By the time we get what others have already, they are already on another level. And it's been like this already since WP7. It's 2013 MS.
Honestly getting tired.

If Microsoft didn't care would we be getting updates at all? Skype is still worked on by the Skype team. I think the app is good. Use it all the time.Microsoft has not released a solution to the other storage yet. That was Nokia and HTC.Facebook is also not a Microsoft problem. SkyDrive is a private personal storage for you. Use it to hide stuff. Don't complain so much.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
If Microsoft didn't care would we be getting updates at all? Skype is still worked on by the Skype team. I think the app is good. Use it all the time.Microsoft has not released a solution to the other storage yet. That was Nokia and HTC.Facebook is also not a Microsoft problem. SkyDrive is a private personal storage for you. Use it to hide stuff. Don't complain so much.

I'm talking about the attitude. Like Skype. Release a new feature to all platforms except wp8? Hello? The app is nowhere near good. I can't even send a damn file. The Other storage is def MS. Its a WP8 issue. Who's responsible for WP8? Nokia and HTC do hardware. SkyDrive is very good don't get me wrong and like I said its a minor issue but sth that's been bugging alot of ppl with no solution.

I love my 920 but 8 months with no fixes to those simple problems is just WTF.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
/yawn....

Nothing to see here.

Actually nothing NEW to see here.

I love my 920 and wouldn't trade it for any other phone, but the bugs/issues and the feeling of lack of support start to become a bit frustrating for users. Especially for users who have been around since day one.

Granted, there is already a thread for complaints and issues.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, only a week with my L920 and I love it. I don't use Skype and my "other" storage is less than 1GB. Not issues but I know Windows Phone is not perfect (it is a lot better than WP7).

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm talking about the attitude. Like Skype. Release a new feature to all platforms except wp8? Hello? The app is nowhere near good. I can't even send a damn file. The Other storage is def MS. Its a WP8 issue. Who's responsible for WP8? Nokia and HTC do hardware. SkyDrive is very good don't get me wrong and like I said its a minor issue but sth that's been bugging alot of ppl with no solution.

I love my 920 but 8 months with no fixes to those simple problems is just WTF.

As I said, Skype is still run by the Skype team and I didn't say it wasn't their responsibility about other just they haven't released it. They are supposed to in gdr2 or 3. Just because you aren't satisfied with Skype doesn't mean it is a bad app. It still has all the basic functions and doesn't crash all the time like some apps.

airwolf878

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I really don't understand this complaint. WP8 has been out for 8 months, and MS is in the process of releasing their second update for it. My old android phone got ONE update in the two years I had it. Apple releases major iOS updates once a year. Do people complain about slow updates on the other platforms too?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is that the other storage is a bug when u have auto upload on. If you turn it off when u restart your phone it should go away. I take a ton of photos. My other storage on my 920 is 4gigs and I have it auto-storage turned on.

As for Skype, it was already more advanced on other platforms and also that is where the users are. Unfortunately windowsphone market share is still pretty small. IOS and Android is probably 90% of the market with the last 10% between blackberry and Windowsphone.

I am pretty sure that something is up there sleeve. I am thinking that Skype will be integrates into the OS on Windows Phone 9. Kind of how Facetime and immessage is integrated into IOS phone and messaging apps.

I also noticed that SkyDrive pictures do not appear. I hope they fix it soon. You need at least 32gigs with windowsphone until they fix the other storage. 8gig and 16 gigs are not enough.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I really don't understand this complaint. WP8 has been out for 8 months, and MS is in the process of releasing their second update for it. My old android phone got ONE update in the two years I had it. Apple releases major iOS updates once a year. Do people complain about slow updates on the other platforms too?

People are not complaining because they want a major update right away. We just want an update/fix for what is broken. I am fine with waiting on the enhancements, but when there is a bug/issue that hinders the operation/experience of the smartphone in the way it is marketed, then yes, it is a valid complaint that shouldn’t take 8 months to fix.

Also...that is one reason I never owned an Android. I couldn't care less what Andorid or Apple does, as I do not own their products....currently.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If I were you, just sit back and relax and enjoy what WP8 have accomplish in short period of time. Apps are minor, it will grow. Hell, look at all the official apps already jump on board as of late.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I've never had my pictures set to auto upload and I still have a massive amount of storage eaten up by other. So that's definitely not the case.

That seems to be the problem. Nobody really knows what is causing the "other" issue. Hopefully MS does, but part of me is concerned that could be the reason a fix has not happened yet.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
If I were you, just sit back and relax and enjoy what WP8 have accomplish in short period of time. Apps are minor, it will grow. Hell, look at all the official apps already jump on board as of late.

Unless I am reading a different thread, nobody is complaining about apps not being available. The OP mentioned that Official Apps are available, just not up to par with the same apps on other OS's.

I think most people are sitting back and relaxing. Just when it feels that MS is doing the same thing, sitting back and relaxing, is when people start to get frustrated.

As I have stated before, I love my 920 and Windows Phone OS.

iamstevie

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I think the difference with Android and Apple's updates cycles, is that their infrequent yearly(ish) updates are usually quite big, whereas WP8's have been quite minor so far. Granted of course, if 8.1 is released this year (unlikely as rumours have it as 2014), then WP is definitely a massive step up in terms of update frequency.

On this issue, I have gotta add that I would have hated being on WP7x... from what I understand, there are a large number of features/fixes I *would* have wanted, that years later still have not been addressed, despite the demand!

Its been said before, but as sweet as WP8 is, it does still feel pretty green. From everything I have read, I truly believe now that actually it will be 8.1 which is going to be THE making of Windows Phone... I would not be surprised if most (if not, all) the top requested features get implemented. And it sounds like from these forums, that is what a lot of users are banking on. So lets hope for everyones sake that they get it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6