Big problem after restoring to replacement phone

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
My 822 died with a "Unable to find bootable option" and Verizon sent a replacement. I'm having a pretty big problem related to the restore process and am wondering if anyone has any ideas. Basically, it looks like all of the Nokia "special" apps (like Extras + Info) are creating a huge problem.

The first problem is they are all at an ANCIENT version on the phone. Like, so old that Find My Phone only has a on/off slider and Extras+Info is at least a major version behind my other phone (the version screen doesn't even look anything like my other phone). I'm hoping I can fix that by manually going to each one in the store.

The second problem, which I think is related to the first, is the store now has 14 downloads that are stuck in "Attention required" state. The icon area to the left of the download is grey, and any attempt to restart the download yields a 8000ffff error. I can deal (I guess) with a bunch of pending stuck downloads in the store, the crappy part is the phone's app list also shows 5 "Downloading application" apps at the start of the app list, under the # sign. There seems to be no way to remove them.

Any ideas or help is appreciated, this is kinda lame. I'm going to go try to find that nokia updater app I saw listed on the main page here a few days back and use that to update all the internal apps.

-E

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Sigh... Hate to say it, but that's normal.

Do a long press on each update error and select cancel. Then sit back and wait, they will eventually will come down as updates.

Each time I've done a reset, I have to go through this process.

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys, I didn't think to (or really even know I could) cancel the downloads. I used Nokia Pusher to grab the updates, and then cancelled the rest, and now all is good.

Thanks again,
-E

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234