Major Overhaul for Onenote on iOS and Android, no WP

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well considering that OneNote is built into the Office apps that come with the phone OS, you will see much slower updates. They need to provide update packages just for the Office apps.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
With Skype there was a sort-of excuse, being a fairly recent MS acquisition. This time there is no excuse. Clearly this is a strategy coming from MS, though the point of it escapes me. Personally, I am now expecting this strategy to continue.

MS, if you could just let us know why? Is it something we said?

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Isnt this just an update to what we already have - for FREE?

No such thing as a free lunch mate. Office was INCLUSIVE in the price of our phones. It is not free of charge (but may be free of updates if that's what you mean?). It isn't being funded by the mobile phone pixie.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No such thing as a free lunch mate. Office was INCLUSIVE in the price of our phones. It is not free of charge (but may be free of updates if that's what you mean?). It isn't being funded by the mobile phone pixie.

My phone was free on contract and I'm still paying the same a month as I was 4 years ago for more than I was getting then - so yeah it was free for me - but I do get your point.

I know skydrive pro is part of the office 365 subscription so apple and android users will be paying for it on a monthly basis to get the most use out of it.

edoug

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I just used it. Looks about the same as what we got from what I can tell so far

I think so. I'm pretty familiar with the iPhone version before and after...iOS can now open OneNote files on a sharepoint server (huge for me), can now load graphics/drawing done on a pc, and no longer has the 100 page restriction (before you had to in-app purchase unlimited pages -now its being given away).

I think these are all signs of MS wanting to solidify their total offering -especially around Office 365, SharePoint, and Skydrive and not a dis to WP users. but it means there has to be a high degree of parity across platforms. In the end, hopefully it will mean the halo-effect will kick in and it will bring even more people to the platform.

We're starting to see an acceleration in big-name apps coming to the platform -it's a virtuous circle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos