Official Facebook app now out of beta. Windows phone 8 only, darn.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Can someone help me out with this app... Unless I'm just missing something... I can't seem to figure out how to get to a list of FB pages I like... In the old app, you'd go to friends and swipe over to "pages" (I think)... In the new app, it doesn't seem to be there

Edit: NVR mind, found it... Now you have to swipe left, click on yourself, and then scroll over to "Likes".

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Can someone help me out with this app... Unless I'm just missing something... I can't seem to figure out how to get to a list of FB pages I like... In the old app, you'd go to friends and swipe over to "pages" (I think)... In the new app, it doesn't seem to be there

Sorry man, I don't (yet) have access to the app. I have a WP7 device. Sorry.

frooglepoopillion

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone help me out with the Live Tile? Notifications don't seem to be showing up at all on it. In the app, the Live Tile options are enabled but not updating. Am I missing something? Thanks,

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
They said the beta was coming to 7.x still hasn't come know they saying the official app is coming how long does it really take to port over

Sent from my mwp6985 using Tapatalk

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
They said the beta was coming to 7.x still hasn't come know they saying the official app is coming how long does it really take to port over

Sent from my mwp6985 using Tapatalk

Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 7 kernel is different. It will come. Be patient.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone help me out with the Live Tile? Notifications don't seem to be showing up at all on it. In the app, the Live Tile options are enabled but not updating. Am I missing something? Thanks,

Is battery saver off? Have you also checked under your account settings on the website to make sure your phone is enabled?

CopaCC

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Liked the previous version better. Doesn't really matter as I usually use the People hub for FB and Twitter anyway.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 521 using Tapatalk

chandra mohan

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Guys plz somebuddy can tel me who to refresh the people who r in online ... Bec if want to noe exact people who are in online ...? I should log it off and log in... And how to save d images... I'm useng L920

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Guys plz somebuddy can tel me who to refresh the people who r in online ... Bec if want to noe exact people who are in online ...? I should log it off and log in... And how to save d images... I'm useng L920

Set "Enable shake to refresh" to ON. Then shake the phone when in chat list, it works.
Can't save images yet.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there, or has there ever been an option to disable the chat function? On desktop you have the choice but not on mobile currently? Also can any dev's suggest why the notification/toast issue is a particularly challenging problem? Like others, i was dismayed that after several Beta refreshes this important functionality is still very much lacking. Am i right to assume there is something in Facebook's backend that is the challenge? Its clear the MS guys are working hard on this, given the number of Beta updates etc, but im curious as to the root cause..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro