got GDR2 update notification for my nokia lumia 520

vichuhit

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I just received a notification that a new update is ready to be downloaded on my nokia lumia 520. Im from India, and my mobile is carrier independent. Anyone else got this????
didn't download it as i don't have a wi-fi now.

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
a new update, or the gdr2 update? i get updates from nokia every now ands then waiting in the store

i guess you got a different type of notification?

vichuhit

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
How do you know its GDR2? It could be anything.
if it was anything other than an OS update, would i be getting it via "phone update" under settings. If it was any update from apps or from nokia, it'll come through Windows app store i think. Only os update comes via "phone update", isn't it?.. Hm I'll get a wi fi connection tomorrow morning. Now its night here. Will tell you after.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I've had this OS version for awhile now. I don't think its GDR2 no?

No. That is his/her current OS version, he/she has not updated yet as was stated in the first post. Depending on when he/she got their phone and if they have updated the firmware version, it might just be a firmware update.

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
WhippedKream @ the poster said that his current version is that one, which is the latest os version, he is not updated that "update notification" yet because he doesnt have wifi available..so he will try to update the phone to see if that is amber/GDR2 update .. we need to wait

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
May I suggest you take the picture down - especially the part showing your MAC address and your IMEI and your sim ID

Not information you should be posting on the internet.

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Squatting Hen @ that 1314 update came only for ATT users because they were having connection problems, for us others in europe and asia there will not be 1314 update at all

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Squatting Hen @ that 1314 update came only for ATT users because they were having connection problems, for us others in europe and asia there will not be 1314 update at all

Wow, I wasn't aware of that.Thanks. Maybe this is something great then. Wish we all didn't have to wait unitl tomorrow!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb