For the love of GOD!!! Custom notifications!!!

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
oh there's totally a reason. It's because they have to prioritize some things over others to make sure the os is stable, reliable, and has the basic functionality they want. I'm sure it's high on their list because of the demand, but features have to be sacrificed to get products to market. If it's something they can do without sacrificing the integrity of the os, it'll be added in an update.

Android has this and apps like lightflow where you can get really fancy with notifications... Only they weren't all that reliable. I can't count the number of times I missed calls, texts or emails because I didn't get the alert.

Anyway, here's to hoping MS gets this out sooner than later. Doesn't affect me as much as the op, but as an ex android user, I'd appreciate the functionality.

Haha, whatever. MS has tons of engineers and billions of dollars to throw at this platform - yet an 18 year old Android dev can cook a request up in 2 days coding from the basement of his house. Don't give me that BS same old story about priorities. They've had plenty of time to add something SIMPLE like different volume levels for different notifications, and haven't. If the 3 major competitors to you have a feature and you don't, its not that they're overachieving, its that you are underachieving.

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I understand what you're saying biker. Being able to differentiate can help & I'm sure MS will address notification issues soon enough. I'm a nurse & have an ex wife and am just glad my life isn't nearly as complicated as yours. I wish you the best.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh, look, another person who has 8 email accounts for... Oh, wait, there is no valid reason.

One of the things that has to go away on our fan site is belittling someone elses preference to how they use their tech when you do not agree with a complaint. I could care less about if you have 2 or 40 email accounts. It is the #1 request on MS's website for WP. It is legimate. It is not that hard. It is something smart phone users of other OS's are used to. If we want WP to grow and thrive, MS cannot expect to ask potential users to give up functions that would make their lives easier.

That is extremely valid.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't think we need a notification system and if so it should be entirely gesture based as to not muck up the aesthetic appeal of the OS... Audio differentiations are almost a must though.

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Haha, whatever. MS has tons of engineers and billions of dollars to throw at this platform - yet an 18 year old Android dev can cook a request up in 2 days coding from the basement of his house. Don't give me that BS same old story about priorities. They've had plenty of time to add something SIMPLE like different volume levels for different notifications, and haven't. If the 3 major competitors to you have a feature and you don't, its not that they're overachieving, its that you are underachieving.

Unfortunately it's all about priorities. WP isn't the priority for MS, it's a lab for it & we all are rats. Is it really difficult to bring some basic features in OS ?? It's time for GDR 2 & what new useful they're giving to us ?? Nothing. Only Nokia bringing new features to Lumias, what about other WPs ??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Notifications are quickly going the way of the 'not enough apps' argument. I have never missed a text, email, call whatever on WP8. If people just need much more immersive notification controls they should get an Android phone or be patient. I'm amazed by how important the form of notifications take to so many people.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Notifications are quickly going the way of the 'not enough apps' argument. I have never missed a text, email, call whatever on WP8. If people just need much more immersive notification controls they should get an Android phone or be patient. I'm amazed by how important the form of notifications take to so many people.

I think what it all boils down to is why isn't the option available?

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Its a legitimate question. However Android or iOS type of notifications were never really a part of the WP8 or Nokia aesthetic. I'm sure it will be an option soon. Either way I'm ok with what we have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs