The manufacturers and carriers are really pissing me off.

Lawrence Gaydos

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
You should really check out the Nokia 822 on Verizon. At first I thought it might be a cheap version of the ATT phone... While that is true in some aspects.... it is really a great phone ... I own it. It has the same processor as the Galaxy S3, a removable battery and sd card. The screen isn't HD, but I'll be honest, I don't care if I get minor pixalation when I zoom in 10x on a web page... its a beautiful rich colorful screen. Great reception... I like it.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
And, btw, my basic music playlist runs from 10 to 12 GB. That's so I'll only have to resync every week or so. My whole music library is 112GB, so I've given up any hope of keeping that on anything short of an iPod Classic.

Right now, I have 50 Audiobooks in my playlist.

My all-time favorites music list is another 5GB.

Since it's such a small screen, I don't bother with my epub library.

I could, and have in the past, live with 32GB, but it would mean micromanaging storage again. But, T-Mo in their infinite wisdom, have seen fit to limit me to 16, and going to AT&T or Verizon means $40-$50 more per month.

Just because you do ok with 32 doesn't mean everyone does. I STILL carry my SIMless 64GB iPhone, just because I can fit my stuff onto it.

5 gigs of music will provide you with roughly 4.8 days worth of listening without ever hearing the same song twice which I'd say is certainly adequate as you don't listen to them 24/7. You gotta have time for the audio books after all, right?

Well, like I said I have my fair share. The longest is King's "From Under the Dome" which is 161.3 megabytes, hefty but not unheard of. Just calculated it all though and the average size in my collection (None of which are small, Slaughterhouse Five is the smallest there) is 117 megs. 5.8 gigs of audio books is roughly what you're looking at. Even if you go high quality and we'll say double it, you still have room for 6 gigs in apps, pictures, videos, whatever to fulfill your needs.

Would 64 gigs be nice? For a phone gamer like me, hell yes. However, 32 gigs and a bunch of specs that were largely unheard of, some of which have yet to be paralleled even since last November, seems great. I have a backup battery, I have a massive collection of music, an entire season of a show, and a ton of games to play, I have hours upon hours of literature and I never have to worry about having to power it down even once or that my data might become corrupted on a whim because I went with a truly high end device.

I went with the Nokia Lumia 920.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I just want manufacturers to STOP making Carrier SPECIFIC devices!!!

Just create a line of entry level, mid level, top level devices that work on all carriers. It would simplify and minimize costs for the manufacturer, and the consumer.

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh, no kidding. Storage issues aside, I'd kind of like a 1020, but assuming that I can get ATT to sell me one off contract (they refused to sell me a 920, which is how I ended up with an 8X), then I have to deal with getting it unlocked, worrying about whether its 3G or LTE will be compatible with my carrier of choice, and even then, it'll still be incompatible with half of the big four in the US.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I just want manufacturers to STOP making Carrier SPECIFIC devices!!!

Just create a line of entry level, mid level, top level devices that work on all carriers. It would simplify and minimize costs for the manufacturer, and the consumer.

The carriers pay for that because otherwise they'd have to compete based on plans and then there'd be a constant decline in plan prices.

sumothong01

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
The carriers pay for that because otherwise they'd have to compete based on plans and then there'd be a constant decline in plan prices.

And nobody would want that...(that was sarcasm)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk. (Spell check done after hitting send.)

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
5 gigs of music will provide you with roughly 4.8 days worth of listening without ever hearing the same song twice which I'd say is certainly adequate as you don't listen to them 24/7.

With all due respect, this is an irritating argument for me.

I have an enormous collection of music. Something in the 150 GB region. I'd love to be able to carry it with me everywhere I go. I realize that I will never listen to that entire collection in a trip, or whatever. But having that music with me means that I always have the right song when I want to hear it. ZunePass largely corrects that problem. However, instead of doing the annoying shuffle of trying to predict what music to put on my device for the next week or month, I need to keep an eye on my data plan to ensure I am not giving at&t a huge overage fee.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos