Verizon or AT&T

rybob1

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Let's say I have comparable coverage between at&t and verizon, and I'm also using the HTC 8X (just trying to make as many things equal as possible here), what network is better for WP8? I'm specifically trying to understand if there are any features of the platform that one supports or doesn't support that the other does. For instance, I know Verizon supports data sense, but I don't believe at&t does.

I currently have the Lumia 920, and am curious if there are any real benefits to using Verizon. In my case, Verizon has slightly better coverage in some of the places I travel, but at home they are comparable.

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
All things equal, AT&T is better since they get the exclusive devices from Nokia. I'm on Verizon since it has the best converge in my area by far.
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
AT&T supports group texting at this time. VZW does not support group texting yet, but group texting should be available by the end of the year.

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If you receive international text messages, AT&T. I recently switched from Verizon to AT&T because Verizon charges you 20 cents for each international message you RECEIVE. They're the only carrier in the US, I believe, that does this. With anyone else, you're charged only if you send, and incoming texts are just what they are - incoming.

abek0

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Depending on what phone you want and location. Verizon has the best coverage by far depending where you live. They also come out with phones mainly only for Verizon. And good thing is, they're factory unlocked, so if you want to go back. Throw in your att SIM card and you don't even have to get another phone. I love my 8x.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
In respect to Windows Phone, AT&T is the best if both have comparable service in your area.

I choose AT&T because wherever I don't have LTE, I fall back on 4G (3.5) aka HSPA+ which is by far, faster than Verizon's 3G network. You will also be able to have simultaneous voice and data on HSPA+, which means fast data while being on the phone.

It helps that I get a discount as well =)

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Depending on what phone you want and location. Verizon has the best coverage by far depending where you live. They also come out with phones mainly only for Verizon. And good thing is, they're factory unlocked, so if you want to go back. Throw in your att SIM card and you don't even have to get another phone. I love my 8x.

That is false. On Windows Phone, AT&T gets more devices than any of the other carriers. Top notch and mid-level devices.

MikesChevelle

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
If you research the networks on both, Youll see that ATT has a much better network. Verizon, if you loose LTE, you drop to 3G if you are lucky, 2g if you are not. With ATT there are 2 types of 4g, two types of 3, and 2 types of 2g, so you wont see as drastic of a drop if you loose prime coverage.

Not to mention a speed test of LTE in my market has me seeing almost 50 mbps with ATT and 12 mbps with Verizon.

If you really want a 928, get one and use it on ATT LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro