One thing that Sucks on WP from the beginning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmanmansuri

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
& that is?

NOTIFICATIONS...!!!

I'm using WP since its inception & I just love the Windows Phone (both OS & Nokia Hardware). Everything is improved with updates from WP7 to WP8 but the damn notifications just sucks on any windows platform (WP7, 7.5 & WP8).

Take any messaging or social app., notifications are appearing with long delays! Sometimes it took a day to appear. Sometimes it keep appearing even after I read the message! This is happening with every major app like Facebook, WeChat, WhatsApp (Worst ever), IM+, hike, etc..! Even MS's official Skype is having problems with notifications. In every app's review in the WP store, there is a comment complaining about notifications.!

Thank god that FB chat is integrated into OS which is the only way I can chat with the my friends reliably.!!! Hope MS is aware (may be someone from MS read this forum) & will fix this with WP8.1 or sooner.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
i dont understand why people need notifications when they have LIVE TILES

My friends loved the interface so much so that they all have WP8 launcher on their android

wp is suppossed to be simole and not complicated !!

Sekyal

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I think the problem is that some live tiles don't show enough relevant information. I know one thing I like on JellyBean is an email in the notification I can delete right there in the notification drop-down if I wish. You have to go to the app to do anything with the live tile info. I know there is more available in the drop-down that was one example. I think a swipe to the left would give that extra functionality with a notification option and no need to stop using live tiles.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
this topic again? I'm tired.

WP7/8 = no notifications like Android. Dot.

But it's more than just "no notifications like Android." It's inconsistent notifications at best. I swap my 2nd SIM card between WP8 & iPhone regularly, and I feel disconnected when I'm using WP8. I miss stuff all the time.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
But it's more than just "no notifications like Android." It's inconsistent notifications at best. I swap my 2nd SIM card between WP8 & iPhone regularly, and I feel disconnected when I'm using WP8. I miss stuff all the time.

There are a lot of "I want a notification center!" threads, the same topic again and again. We know some people wants a notification center, there is not a notification center, not need to open another thread for the same topic.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
OP did not request for notification center. His main concern is that notification comes inconsistently with huge delay which had been a problem on the WP8 since it launched. Either MS suck big time with their server setup or they just did not get it right in the OS level.

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
i dont understand why people need notifications when they have LIVE TILES

My friends loved the interface so much so that they all have WP8 launcher on their android

wp is suppossed to be simole and not complicated !!
What has this got to do anything with what the OP was complaining about? Did you even read the first post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro