GDR2 is now on the way!

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
wonder if it will fix the bug when saving a jpeg to the phone and also the other storage bug. maybe even the EAS storage card encryption policy bug for business email sync on phones without an sd card slot and a fix for ones that do? a group messaging fix on verizon would be nice too, along with the ability to create playlists on the phone in Xbox Music without needing a computer.

seelani

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
This is from the US site. SG webpage doesn't show the following update. What a bummer~ Can someone verify this is indeed GDR2?
Truth is with Nokia, I'm just waiting for Amber. :D
Wish Nokia & Microsoft would just release their updates worldwide and OTA, don't want my unreliable service provider to mess up my phone experience.

seelani

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, if i may ask a question to clear up some confusions. Does the update come from Microsoft as shown above(OTA), from the manufacturer i.e AMBER(OTA), or does the carrier have the final say?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
If the past updates are anything to go by we won't be getting Amber and GDR2 as separate updates. That would cost too much for MS and Nokia. It makes much more common sense for MS and Nokia to work together to provide an update that will roll both into one package, delivered to the customer. Of course there are phones that aren't Nokia, so MS will deliver a separate build to them without the 'Amber' things. These builds will be internally tested and tweaked before being delivered to the carriers, who again test them extensively. Once everything is given the go-ahead that's when the carriers start rolling out the updates to our phones. Typically those with contracts will get the updates first (updates tend to be rolled out over a period of 28 days with more and more IMEI numbers being 'unlocked' to receive the update every day, this is to make sure the servers aren't broken by requests to update.

At least this is how I think it works...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99