Should MS Cleanup Windows Phone Store to Maintain Quality ?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There are many 'duplicate' apps doing the exact same thing so I agree it should be cleaned up a bit. I'd rather quality over quantity.

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
There are many 'duplicate' apps doing the exact same thing so I agree it should be cleaned up a bit. I'd rather quality over quantity.

I'd rather quality over quantity any day too...I suppose what I should have said is that the majority of tech journalists keep banging on about numbers! Then the average Joe searches in google, rarely goes beyond the first page and walks away with the same negative sentiments, lol!

It's a shame because for me...the strength of WP is the hard working third party devs out there! Not to mention how much the phone can do right out of the box!!!

Side note: my dad refused to go touch screen...when was upgrade time I made sure he got the Lumia 610! He hates adapting to new technology, but he has no issues using his phone!

Another major strength...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

How would you decide? Would you keep the first app published? Or the best? How would you decide which one's the best? How would you explain this to the developers that have their apps removed?

I have experienced "copies" of apps being much better than the "original".

I think cleaning up the store isn't really possible like this. But I agree that there could be some minimum quality standards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos