Update All won't update YouTube app? How genius!!

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I woke up this morning to found that there were 28 apps on my NL920 to be updated. I thought I would have to click update one by one to avoid updating YouTube app as I have done for the past several weeks after the YouTube incident. After I clicked update for 10 apps I think clicking update all would be safe since there were several apps pending in the queue so I could just click cancel YouTube right after I click "update all".

It turned out, "update all" put all remaining app in the update pending queue except YouTube! How genius this is. Well I just found out and very exciting but also realized that this could just be common knowledge that is only new to me. In that case, this thread would be totally wasted and sorry if you have read this far T_T.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Youtube is a special case. If you have not kept up with the "prise de bec" about youtube between MS and the evil empire, it began on a dark and rainy night. Windows Phone users had not had an update to Youtube for years and the natives were restless. Microsoft heard their cries and then built a Youtube app that is pretty amazing. It featured NO ADS and you could download to your hearts content. Released it and the crowds gathered outside the walls of Redmond rejoiced with merriment, roast suckling pig and tall steins of Redmonds best mead.

Word went out to the evil empire that the people at Redmond were happy with their phones again and this angered Scrooge McGoog. They did, as they always do, threaten legal action. Microsoft told them to kick rocks. "The people at Redmond have great phones and deserve the best software." exclaimed Microsoft. "if other platforms could have a great experience, why deny Windows Phone?"
Recognizing they are not to trifle with Microsoft, Scrooge McGoog sought a compromise because being an advertizing/spam agency, all they want is to disseminate their filth, err, their advertizing/spam. After all, they really could give a dog gone about the service itself, which is why its policed by idiots that point fingers and say ooooooooo a lot.

Microsoft agreed to the compromise and set out to re-write its YouTube app. This is where YOU come in. You are in between releases. It happens.

Last edited:

ShocWave

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I've been using "Update All" for some time now. Ever since I accidently pressed it and found that YouTube didn't get updated.
I'm guessing that if you pass on the update for any app atleast once, it will no longer be be updated when you tap the "Update All" button.

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Youtube is a special case. If you have not kept up with the "prise de bec" about youtube between MS and the evil empire, it began on a dark and rainy night. Windows Phone users had not had an update to Youtube for years and the natives were restless. Microsoft heard their cries and then built a Youtube app that is pretty amazing. It featured NO ADS and you could download to your hearts content. Released it and the crowds gathered outside the walls of Redmond rejoiced with merriment, roast suckling pig and tall steins of Redmonds best mead.

Word went out to the evil empire that the people at Redmond were happy with their phones again and this angered Scrooge McGoog. They did, as they always do, threaten legal action. Microsoft told them to kick rocks. "The people at Redmond have great phones and deserve the best software." exclaimed Microsoft. "if other platforms could have a great experience, why deny Windows Phone?"
Recognizing they are not to trifle with Microsoft, Scrooge McGoog sought a compromise because being an advertizing/spam agency, all they want is to disseminate their filth, err, their advertizing/spam. After all, they really could give a dog gone about the service itself, which is why its policed by idiots that point fingers and say ooooooooo a lot.

Microsoft agreed to the compromise and set out to re-write its YouTube app. This is where YOU come in. You are in between releases. It happens.
I was pretty mad when your story ended, too funny lol.

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah thats happening to my friends lumia 920 too, even if u just click youtube only and update it wont update it, an error comes, maybe microsoft doesnt want us to have that bad youtube untill they have come with new one

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah thats happening to my friends lumia 920 too, even if u just click youtube only and update it wont update it, an error comes, maybe microsoft doesnt want us to have that bad youtube untill they have come with new one

That's what I think too but there are alternatives out there that are pretty good. MetroTube is real good and so is YouTube by developer Walemars.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99