Rejecting/Embracing a WP8 Phablet.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
WPC, What's you thought on a Nokia/HTC/Samsung making a WP8 phablet? Would you embrace it or reject it.

For those who are against/reject a WP8 phablet: Why are you against the thought of Nokia or any OEM making a WP8 phablet? What is your screen size limit?

For those that will embrace a WP8 phablet: What screen size do you prefer your phablet to have? Do you think a WP8 phablet would at least convert 5% of Note 2/Optimus G pro user to WP8?

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't really see a point of an 'in-between' or 'both' device such as a phablet, so I reject the idea of that.
I do however embrace the idea of a Nokia built tablet! Full tablet. Maybe 11 or 13" Especially if they made it with the same design language of the Lumia.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Maybe. I don't reject the idea outright because I know plenty people own phablet sized phones already. I suspect Nokia will drop one as well.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I do want a phablet running WP. Now owning a 14" notebook a 10" tablet doesn't make much sense to me. A 6" phablet would be great for when I don't want to lug around the laptop. And I could sell my 7" Kindle Fire HD. :smile:

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Reject..but I didnt find the point for tablets in general until the Surface came out (I can actually be productive as a student with it!)
Phablets are just an awkward in between personally, but as HM02 mentioned, a Nokia designed tablet/phablet would look good..

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm all for increasing the WP portfolio, but would never buy one myself.

I agree with this. There's no denying there are people who want devices like that and if it means potentially getting those customers over, then I'm all for it. Personlly, 4.5inches on the 920 is plenty screen real estate for me. Anything more would be unwieldly for me.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree with this. There's no denying there are people who want devices like that and if it means potentially getting those customers over, then I'm all for it. Personlly, 4.5inches on the 920 is plenty screen real estate for me. Anything more would be unwieldly for me.

I find the 4,5" (plus the hefty bezels) already a bit unwieldy for me on the 920. Nothing too drastic to make me want to change, but for me an optimal screen size would likely be closer to 4" than to 4,5" :D

IrRevd

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Id rather Nokia brought out a RT or Win8Pro device personally as I don't get the phablet attraction - anyone seen the 7" tablet phone asus have released on android?! - while the bigger screen may attract some new customers wont the huge difference in screen sizes affect the fairly universal WP experience and make the platform fragmented like Android?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I find the 4,5" (plus the hefty bezels) already a bit unwieldy for me on the 920. Nothing too drastic to make me want to change, but for me an optimal screen size would likely be closer to 4" than to 4,5" :D

I'll agree with you on that too :grin: It was weird going from the 3.7" on the Lumia 800 to the 4.5" of the 920, but that real estate and clarity just makes it so worth it.

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I would like it just about 5" enough to hold comfortably and have maybe an extra row of squares, defiantly 1080p!

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Depends. I think Samsung has really incorporated the use of a phablet well. The software for the S-Pen basically rejuvenated the stylus, which IMO brings a whole different level to a phone. If Nokia could somehow do something like that, then I'd see a point. Otherwise, you just got a big a** phone doing the same thing as the other phones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss