Is there any good file manager for WP8 that is free? What I want from File Manager is to have an option to create folders, delete them, copy them to another folder, copy files under some folder. Also I would like to see for free to have an option to do the same things but on Skydrive. Any suggestion?
    07-15-2013 02:49 PM
    Hi,

You cannot access the file system in windows phone. There are no apps for it available, you will have to manage stuff in the cloud
    07-15-2013 03:23 PM
    I already have File Manager application that can access Downloads, Pictures and Songs folders. Also I have the option to create a new folder within them. Also I can copy-paste files into other folders. Since that application can managed that, it is possible to have those applications in the store. But the problem is that the application I am using is just a trial version. I want to find a free one. If there is no free one, I will have to create my own application.
    07-15-2013 03:30 PM
    If there is no free one, I will have to create my own application.
    The most expensive "file manager" app that I found is priced at $4.99. If you want to write such an app as a learning exercise, I commend you. If you are writing it to save $5, I suggest that you reconsider the economics of the situation. Developing such an app -- at least one that will work reliably -- will take far more time that you might think. Your time would have to be nearly worthless to put the project costs at less than $5.
    a5cent likes this.
    07-15-2013 04:39 PM
    I don't worry about my skills for developing a quality solution. I want to create a new one because I am not satisified with one I have. And besides, it is very fun to code for WP devices.
    07-15-2013 04:43 PM
    Question. I am not a developer but i have adeveloper typ question in reference to this. Is it possible to find a way to mimick windows 7 and have a gui for it. I understand there is no access to the file system BUT windows 7 can actually access a small part of it. It can even be customized to look pretty with the hub ie: the photos hub with the different albums. Is that too difficult to do?
    07-24-2013 03:37 PM