So I was holding out on a WP8 device until WhatsApp improved.. A couple of days ago it got updated.. So are notifications fixed? Are you guys getting notifications on time now? Is toast notification working perfectly?

Last edited by AliNSiddiqui; 07-16-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    07-16-2013 06:09 PM
    I am on windows phone 7 and I have got to say new WhatsApp update has made me like my phone again.
    works flawlessly. :)
    07-16-2013 06:15 PM
    My notifications were always working fine.
    07-16-2013 06:28 PM
    Right yous aren't gonna believe this, I have a tune paused about 20 mins and now trying to play it is bringing me into whatsapp but I resumes fine when I press the volume rocker and hit play, so it's not completely scrubbing the song , what's the deal there???
    07-16-2013 06:49 PM
    Right yous aren't gonna believe this, I have a tune paused about 20 mins and now trying to play it is bringing me into whatsapp but I resumes fine when I press the volume rocker and hit play, so it's not completely scrubbing the song , what's the deal there???
    WhatsApp uses a hack with the Audio API in order to remain active in the background (which is why it sucks battery big time). So what you're seeing is the result of a poorly coded app.
    07-16-2013 07:31 PM
    WhatsApp uses a hack with the Audio API in order to remain active in the background (which is why it sucks battery big time). So what you're seeing is the result of a poorly coded app.
    I thought they got rid of the Audio API? Does it still suck battery big time?
    07-16-2013 07:32 PM
    I thought they got rid of the Audio API? Does it still suck battery big time?
    The api has been removed and now its way more stable and I have yet to have a crash, seems pretty good to me.
    07-16-2013 10:10 PM
    The api has been removed and now its way more stable and I have yet to have a crash, seems pretty good to me.
    So you're receiving notifications and messages on time everytime?
    07-16-2013 10:31 PM
    Haven't used it yet... I mainly use it on my iPhone because of how unstable it was.

I do like the iPhone update where you can post multiple photos vs. having to go in to your library each time.

I also want to be able to choose a video from my library vs. creating it from the app. I know that it is probably due to Microsoft.
    07-16-2013 10:31 PM
    I like all the new smileys available now. I believe all the smileys that had been available for iOS/Android users are now available for Windows Phone.
    ttsoldier likes this.
    07-16-2013 10:58 PM
    > Huge bonus is the improvement in battery life of my 620. Earlier version of Whats app would just drain out the battery. Now with similar sort of usage, average battery life has gone up by @25-30%. It easily lasts for a day with data connection always on.
    > All smileys are available which is good.
    > Till now there has been no delayed notification issue
    > Stable performance. No lags or freezing!
    > Option to call a person in chat is a welcome move

Btw one query - Earlier I used to use 'Stop Music' app to restart Whats app when it used to freeze. Through this I could avoid restarting the phone to make Whats app work again. Now, since Whats app no longer uses audio api, whats the solution in case it fails to respond or freezes? Restart the phone?
    AliNSiddiqui likes this.
    07-16-2013 11:49 PM
    I like all the new smileys available now. I believe all the smileys that had been available for iOS/Android users are now available for Windows Phone.
    How about notifications? Do you receive them on time?
    07-17-2013 08:10 PM
    How about notifications? Do you receive them on time?
    You need to check the official whatsapp thread to find the answers yyou are looking for
    07-18-2013 07:18 AM
    Seems to be working perfectly now.....no delays whatsapping my friend in LA (I'm in London). And I now no longer get that connection error message when I try to exit/press back out of the app. Great.
    07-18-2013 07:35 AM
    Have improvements on battery life and push notifications even in bad covered areas. No delay after lasts two updates.

Very good to know that notifications problems are related to a poor programming.
    07-18-2013 08:31 AM
    How much of the battery does the app now use compared to not having the app at all (or in comparision to say having toast notifications on for twitter / facebook)?
    07-18-2013 08:41 AM
    Yup.. Experiencing the same problem... After the latest update push notifications are not working.... Fed up with this app...
    08-12-2013 01:32 PM