Trouble with GPS on here drive

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Think I found why my 920 was having trouble finding a GPS signal on here drive, I have a flip case that closes at the top with a magnet, does anyone think that would have been interfering with my GPS ???

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Think I found why my 920 was having trouble finding a GPS signal on here drive, I have a flip case that closes at the top with a magnet, does anyone think that would have been interfering with my GPS ???

To answer your question, no, magnets have no effect on GPS systems as they use microwaves. However if your case had/has metal in it or you placed it in a position where it was covered it's possible you may have been disrupting the signal.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Take it out of the case and try it out yourself. Magnet has bigger impact on compass of the phone than GPS.

HUH? Your phone doesn't have a compass, it uses GPS signalling for a compass... therefore a magnet has no effect on said compass...

It's more likely the metal case that is required with the magnet that causing the problem instead of the actual magnet itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb