Any word on Custom Text Message tones lately?

Oxymoron428

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I haven't heard anything about it lately. I've heard about the GDR2, GDR3, and even Windows Phone 8.1 coming up, but I haven't heard any of them mention anything about custom text message tones. Is Microsoft planning to add this feature any time soon?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
As many people have been asking and waiting for this, I think the moment there is any news it will be on the front page and blasted in the forums!

Lildego2

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
YOu can now customize SMS and mms...I got the email from Microsoft...however if anyone has figured how to do it since there was no explanation in the email...I would love to hear it

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes the custom text tones for individual contacts feature/ability came with GDR3 update.

Go to People hub | 'Contact name' | Edit | +Text Tone .. then select the tone/alert/ring you want for that contact. The initial tone set is 'Default' which is whatever you have selected for text tones in the Settings | Ringtones+Sounds.

You can add any custom ringtones/sounds/alerts to your phone Ringtones folder ....in mp3 format, via a d/l to your PC and then transfer to your phone ... into the Windows Phone | Phone | Ringtones folder. Just for the sake of organization whenever I add a tone, I name it with a 'Custom' tag in front of the name so it's easy to pick out the default tones from the custom ones when selecting. Just my preference for making things a bit easier

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire