Import Musics to Windows Phone without the sync app

Narun

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi friends! Been following WPC since I got myself a Lumia 920 on the second week of its launch back in November 2012. I enjoy the phone so much both functionally and aesthetically. Yet if there is one complaint that I may have, it is the rather limited in-house music application WP8 seems to have. I wonder if any of you could help put me out of this misery.

The question is whether there is a way to import musics in my laptop to WP8 without using the sync app. I should first give you my background. I currently use Macbook pro OS 10.6.8. In other words, I cannot install the sync app for Mac which requires OS 10.7 or higher. I resist upgrading my OS for various reasons so I have been looking for a way to add musics to WP8 but to no avail. Skydrive seems to be an option but as far as I know, it doesn't allow us to download musics from the cloud. Have absolutely no idea why.

Any advice would be highly appreciated. Great to be in such a helpful community as the WPC!

Cheers!

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Don't know about mac but when you connect your phone to Windows PC, it will open media transfer protocol (MTP), one kind of mass storage and move your music files into Music folder.

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The issue for the base poster is that the only MTP application I could ever find for OS X is the Sync App. From there, you can drag and drop to the phone, but you still have to have the stupid thing installed.

I spent a fair amount of time looking for MTP applications and/or Songbird or DoubleTwist plug ins, but never found any success.

Which is completely unnerving, since the protocol's built into Windows 7 (at least) and later, so on a regular Windows PC, or Surface Pro, you get it right in the explorer, ready for drag/drop, completely bypassing the sync app if you like

Your other choice is if your phone takes an SD card, copy your music onto the SD card (mounting it first on the Mac), then plug the SD card into the phone. WP8 will actually find the music you've copied onto the card and merge it into your media library.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo