Some questions about WP8 software

alvis#CB

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I just got lumia 925. When playing music on nokia music player only half of the artist or song names are showing, if the title is long. I used to have bb 9800 if this was the case the song name would move from right to left. Is there an option on the phone to change this or is it just me experiencing this problem? Maybe there are better music players that someone could recommend please?

Another question I have is about background tasks, when launching here city lens I get message saying that background task for this app are disabled, does turning the background tasks off on any apps has any effect on them apart from not working in the background? Does this have any effect on the apps features?

P.S. has the issue with other folder growing in size has been fixed? Or is there any way to remove unwanted files from it?

Thank you for your help in advance.

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The thing with longer titles is usual, it's not a problem, that's the Windows Phone design, get used to it, it's seen also in the settings, all over the phone and in the apps :).

I think this hasn't got any effect on the features, it may pull the places for your current location if of course data and location are enabled, would not know this one for sure, just predicting.

There is the Storage Check app in the Settings, which removes the Other files and it should be preinstalled on the phone, otherwise you should check for updates.

alvis#CB

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for you response. the storage checker app only removes temp files but does not show what is in the other folder, is this the one you mean?

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yep, that's the app, it doesn't show what's inside it, just removes it. I think that it removes also the "Other" stuff, although someone who has the device with this app would reply with a better answer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa