Other on SD card

Neil Katz

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a micro as card on my Lumia 521 phone. I tried installing an app by copying it to the root directory of my SD card. Following the installation, I connected my phone to my Windows 8 PC and deleted the installation file.

However, when I look at my AD card storage, I still see the 1.4 megabytes in the Other category.

Short of backing up and formatting mySD card, does anyone know a way to get rid of this from the Other section?

Neil Katz

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
As I said in my posting, I did this. The file no longer shows in the SD card root directory, but it still shows as taking up space in Settings...phone storage...SD card...other.

Neil Katz

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I copied all of my music to my PC hard drive. Reformatted the SD card in the phone. Clicked on the Remove SD Card button in settings...Phone Storage...SD card. Powered down the phone , inserted the SD card into my PC and copied all of the music files back onto the SD card. Put the SD card back into my phone and powered the phone back up. Waited a few minutes and checked the Phone Storage again. All seems to be well - still 245 MB. in the "Other" for the SD card, but I guess I will have to live with that. Too bad I will probably have to go through this convoluted routine any time that I want to install an app from an SD card (unless I use a different SD card for this purpose alone).

tardismatrix22

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I also put the SD card into another phone, try that with an old phone. I used a LG neon, so now I can view the root files. It worked, surprised me a lot cuz it was a test. As previously stated it may or may not work. Good luck, I hate my SD card when it comes to actual storage :p. I use it for free games.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa