I have a micro as card on my Lumia 521 phone. I tried installing an app by copying it to the root directory of my SD card. Following the installation, I connected my phone to my Windows 8 PC and deleted the installation file.

However, when I look at my AD card storage, I still see the 1.4 megabytes in the Other category.

Short of backing up and formatting mySD card, does anyone know a way to get rid of this from the Other section?
    07-18-2013 05:26 PM
    Connect to a computer, access your files and delete the file. I had the same problem, it may or may not work. It worked for me but not my friend.
    07-18-2013 05:29 PM
    As I said in my posting, I did this. The file no longer shows in the SD card root directory, but it still shows as taking up space in Settings...phone storage...SD card...other.
    07-18-2013 05:54 PM
    I copied all of my music to my PC hard drive. Reformatted the SD card in the phone. Clicked on the Remove SD Card button in settings...Phone Storage...SD card. Powered down the phone , inserted the SD card into my PC and copied all of the music files back onto the SD card. Put the SD card back into my phone and powered the phone back up. Waited a few minutes and checked the Phone Storage again. All seems to be well - still 245 MB. in the "Other" for the SD card, but I guess I will have to live with that. Too bad I will probably have to go through this convoluted routine any time that I want to install an app from an SD card (unless I use a different SD card for this purpose alone).
    07-19-2013 09:37 AM
    I also put the SD card into another phone, try that with an old phone. I used a LG neon, so now I can view the root files. It worked, surprised me a lot cuz it was a test. As previously stated it may or may not work. Good luck, I hate my SD card when it comes to actual storage :P. I use it for free games.
    07-20-2013 12:45 AM