Why do people hate WP8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
wait, what?
Sarcasm. But people DO actually believe that because it's a windows product it's inherently slow, and prone to viruses and blue screens. Likely because they (and their friends) have had issues using previous versions of PC OS Windows. Of course, they would never attribute those problems to user error, which it generally is... But that's another conversation all together.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Sarcasm. But people DO actually believe that because it's a windows product it's inherently slow, and prone to viruses and blue screens. Likely because they (and their friends) have had issues using previous versions of PC OS Windows. Of course, they would never attribute those problems to user error, which it generally is... But that's another conversation all together.

Yeah......... The name "Windows Phone" was a mistake from the beginning, IMO.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
But those of us who use it and love it disagree. If an iPhone was actually better than a Windows Phone, I would have bought one. Android? Nah - it's not even in the realm of imagination that it could be better so I won't entertain the thought.

See how in this case "better" is a matter of opinion and not fact?

Its not as good. That's not opinion, its fact. What would qualify a smartphone OS as "good"? Features? Customization? Apps? User Interface? Compatability? Ecosystem? In all areas, iOS and Android are CLEAR winners, with only "UI" maybe being arguable. If you did a pros/cons list of smartphone operating systems, Windows Phone is the only one that has more cons than pros.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Its not as good. That's not opinion, its fact. What would qualify a smartphone OS as "good"? Features? Customization? Apps? User Interface? Compatability? Ecosystem? In all areas, iOS and Android are CLEAR winners, with only "UI" maybe being arguable. If you did a pros/cons list of smartphone operating systems, Windows Phone is the only one that has more cons than pros.

If its not as good, why are you on this windows phone forum protecting the other OS's? I sense some fear, a hint of desperation and A LOT of B.O.

B.O. = boldly opinionated

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
If its not as good, why are you on this windows phone forum protecting the other OS's? I sense some fear, a hint of desperation and A LOT of B.O.

I'm a Windows Phone owner and user since 2010. I also have used iOS and Android devices since that time, and frequently own an iOS device, Android device, and WP device at the same time.

I'm discussing the topic of the thread using my experience with all three operating systems as a basis for my opinion.

You are welcome to ingore my posts if my criticism of Windows Phone deeply upsets you. Or you can respond with counter opinions. Your choice.

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Still sounds like opinion to me. What's even funny is that you even implicitly acknowledge that "good" is subjective.

raacut

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Ive had my lumia 920 since Feb. Getting sick of the basic functionality missing.

no screen orientation lock
no customization for notifications ,
no notification centre,
no LED notification,
no universal phone search ,
no way to search text messages
no functional facebook app,
no sound profiles, for vibration toggling you have to go into settings every time.
no way to exit/kill an app

At some point wp became something i have to deal with rather than something i use. So yea gonna jump ship pretty soon .

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

In your opinion.

Add security to the list, and it drops down to below my old Windows 3.1 PC.

Windows Phone win.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I think most people hate MS more than WP. Since WP is a MS product they're going to hate it along with MS, regardless of how good or bad it is.

That saying as someone has pointed out, people do the same with Apple and Android. Already evident on this thread.

On top of that people have expectations of a smartphone coming from other platforms or if they do reviews. Since WP is fairly basic with it's stripped back look and OS it throws a lot of people. They're used to having certain 'basic' features and WP either does it differently or not at all. That's where the problems sit.

Lastly as someone has pointed out, there are , that is messed up in WP that needs fixing. Apparently GDR2 takes care of them (which is why it took so long to come out) so hopefully we won't be hearing about them anymore.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ive had my lumia 920 since Feb. Getting sick of the basic functionality missing.

no screen orientation lock
no customization for notifications ,
no notification centre,
no LED notification,
no universal phone search ,
no way to search text messages
no functional facebook app,
no sound profiles, for vibration toggling you have to go into settings every time.
no way need to exit/kill an app

At some point wp became something i have to deal with rather than something i use. So yea gonna jump ship pretty soon .
FTFY. Nothing but a bunch of whining by someone comparing a fledgling OS to a mature (if you want to call it that) one full of security holes. Frankly, if you're not happy here, go elsewhere. No one is forcing you, and I'll be the first to say, as I have said many times, no phone is going to meet everyone's needs. Find one that does, but don't tell us that the phones we love are no good.

raacut

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I think most people hate MS more than WP. Since WP is a MS product they're going to hate it along with MS, regardless of how good or bad it is.

That saying as someone has pointed out, people do the same with Apple and Android. Already evident on this thread.

On top of that people have expectations of a smartphone coming from other platforms or if they do reviews. Since WP is fairly basic with it's stripped back look and OS it throws a lot of people. They're used to having certain 'basic' features and WP either does it differently or not at all. That's where the problems sit.

Lastly as someone has pointed out, there are , that is messed up in WP that needs fixing. Apparently GDR2 takes care of them (which is why it took so long to come out) so hopefully we won't be hearing about them anymore.

I disagree with the notion that its just about hating MS. WP8 as it stands is astonishingly behind the competition. Its as simple as that.

raacut

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
FTFY. Nothing but a bunch of whining by someone comparing a fledgling OS to a mature (if you want to call it that) one full of security holes. Frankly, if you're not happy here, go elsewhere. No one is forcing you, and I'll be the first to say, as I have said many times, no phone is going to meet everyone's needs. Find one that does, but don't tell us that the phones we love are no good.

This is the wrong thread for you bud. The topic asks a question and people are gonna answer.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This is the wrong thread for you bud. The topic asks a question and people are gonna answer.

No, it's not. The answer is that they don't want to give it a chance. They're used to the old way things are done, but that's fine. Like I said, NO phone will ever satisfy everyone. Don't like it? Go somewhere else where you won't whine so much. It's simple. You'll be happier, and those who don't have to listen to the whining will be, too.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm a Windows Phone owner and user since 2010. I also have used iOS and Android devices since that time, and frequently own an iOS device, Android device, and WP device at the same time.

I'm discussing the topic of the thread using my experience with all three operating systems as a basis for my opinion.

You are welcome to ingore my posts if my criticism of Windows Phone deeply upsets you. Or you can respond with counter opinions. Your choice.

Meh, as you can see in my Sig i used all 3 OS's as well...and can disagree with some of your "facts". Criticism doesnt bother me at all, its a mobile device...your negative comments do not hurt me, i can take the heat LOL. I think all of us here have become accustomed to it for the last 2 years haha. With that said i find it odd someone who owns a mobile device with this OS would continually complain about it...why not sell it and just got a Droid? I for one dont think you should live in PAIN...by reading your post it seems like the WP8 has made itself comfortable in areas you'd rather not be SEATED to...so why stick with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99