Double Spaced lines in Word app

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Is there a setting in the Windows Phone 8 Word App to control line spacing? If I open a new document it will do the following by default

Line 1

Line 2

Line 3

instead of

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3

when you press enter. The only way I can see to change this is by first creating the blank document in Skydrive and setting the line spacing there in Styles. The problem is, when it gets downloaded to my phone, it seems to enter lines double spaced again. Any help on solving this will be much appreciated as it's annoying!

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
That's the default paragraph spacing, not line spacing. It is the same way on desktop Word but you can change it on the desktop version. There isn't any way to do so on mobile version as far as I can tell. To change it on existing document, you need edit the paragraph space.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
That's the default paragraph spacing, not line spacing. It is the same way on desktop Word but you can change it on the desktop version. There isn't any way to do so on mobile version as far as I can tell. To change it on existing document, you need edit the paragraph space.
You are right. I guess I was thinking about the line spacing between the Paragraphs when I wrote that. As you say, it can be altered in the web version in Skydrive but when I did this earlier it didn't seem to be working on my phone even though the document I downloaded from Skydrive seemed to be the same. Now it is. Still annoying that there is no way to default on the phone though. I was used to Quick Office on my Symbian Phone. I like Windows Phone 8's simplicity but sometimes I think they make it too simple!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb