Turn app notifications off

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Hy guys.

Is there a way to completely turn off Skype notifications? I am using Lumia 820, and it is very irritating to hear new message sound on my laptop (twice; metro + desktop) and on my phone.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Can this destroy the battery after a while? Or is it totally safe to use Battery Saver Mode 24/7?

It prevents all background tasks. No adverse effect on battery at all. This only means you get no notifications from any apps other than email, text, phone. Of course as suggested by others you can turn off Skype specific notifications.

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It prevents all background tasks. No adverse effect on battery at all. This only means you get no notifications from any apps other than email, text, phone. Of course as suggested by others you can turn off Skype specific notifications.

I am always using Battery Saver ON and in 24/7 which is not Recommended as said, when I go to work(Because no Wi-Fi availabe here for On-The-Job Trainees)and Hope it does not have a downside. Thank you for clarifying that.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I am always using Battery Saver ON and in 24/7 which is not Recommended as said, when I go to work(Because no Wi-Fi availabe here for On-The-Job Trainees)and Hope it does not have a downside. Thank you for clarifying that.

Unless I'm in a whatsapp group chat I am always on battery saver "always on" myself. The reason it is not recommended is because you won't be notified of anything but text, calls and emails. So ME tile stops working as well. However, whenever I want to check whats going on, I just open the app or open ME tile. Trust being I never have time anyway for constant stream of notifications probably one of the reasons why I don't miss notification center and don't care if WP has one or not! :p

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Unless I'm in a whatsapp group chat I am always on battery saver "always on" myself. The reason it is not recommended is because you won't be notified of anything but text, calls and emails. So ME tile stops working as well. However, whenever I want to check whats going on, I just open the app or open ME tile. Trust being I never have time anyway for constant stream of notifications probably one of the reasons why I don't miss notification center and don't care if WP has one or not! :p

On Yahoo! at least, since it doesn't have push notifications and you have to set it up to check periodically...when Battery Saver is on these checks stop. You are saying with an Outlook.com email address that the emails continue to check even in battery saver?

mariusfilip

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
On Yahoo! at least, since it doesn't have push notifications and you have to set it up to check periodically...when Battery Saver is on these checks stop. You are saying with an Outlook.com email address that the emails continue to check even in battery saver?
bump :evil: i am in the same situation, i want to be able to be notified when i receive mails in battery saver,i know i can link all my mail accounts to outlook,but i don't see the "keep background task running" thing in the battery saver, like is on Fb,Viber...etc. I'm not mad abot the life of the battery,but for me,battery saver disables all the notification sounds by one tap,thing that was possible in wp8.0 in the sound settings menu
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-checkbox-missing-sound-setting-wp-8-1-a.html
...i miss that tick box like beeing hipoglycemic and have to go to 12 stores(my apps running in the background) to get the sugar i need :))) thx :smile:

mariusfilip

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
bump :evil: i am in the same situation, i want to be able to be notified when i receive mails in battery saver,i know i can link all my mail accounts to outlook,but i don't see the "keep background task running" thing in the battery saver, like is on Fb,Viber...etc. I'm not mad abot the battery life,but for me,battery saver disables all the notification sounds by one tap(but also the notifications themselves),thing that was possible in wp8.0 in the sound settings menu
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-checkbox-missing-sound-setting-wp-8-1-a.html
...i miss that tick box like beeing hipoglycemic and have to go to 12 stores(my apps running in the background) to get the sugar i need :))) thx :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos