How many of you are planning to stick with WP8 after your current phone?

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Definitely not. I love the metro look and "feel", but honestly that's it. Maybe if they would address the MANY issues (other storage being a huge one) and not move like molasses uphill on a winters day on a fix for these problems. But since they don't seem to care, I'm gone. I'll keep my 920 as my backup (as I've said before) because of all the games I've purchased (and for WPCentral news). But will not support/push the OS anymore.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
After a 920, 620 (current to stay in the ecosystem) i will stay on WP8(.1) with the 1020 when it hits the European market. I do hope MS kicks it up a few notches in the OS department, they should add a few user requests from their suggestion box every 6 months or so to keep the OS growing and users happy since WP8 is nice but not entirely feature complete not for bussines nor for many normal users. As far as apps i feel that the marketplace is almost complete for my use, i only need a few more like the already announced BNP paribas app, Instagram for people that want to switch (wich will benefit everyone on the WP platform), and i would like to have the official Feedly app.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk 2

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Since I dropped my 8X the other day and shattered the screen I'm currently trying to to decide what direction I want to go. I'm going to get either a Note 2 or a 928. There are so many things I like about using Windows Phone, but I really like the features android offers. Right now I don't know which way I'll go.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Since I dropped my 8X the other day and shattered the screen I'm currently trying to to decide what direction I want to go. I'm going to get either a Note 2 or a 928. There are so many things I like about using Windows Phone, but I really like the features android offers. Right now I don't know which way I'll go.

If you go the other direction don't get the Note II instead look at the LG Optimus G pro. Trust me it would be alot better.

bigtoe88

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
at this point I really don't know. I can't believe I am saying that because I am a huge Microsoft fan. But, I am starting to think I like the idea of Windows Phone 8 more than I like the actual phone. Development has been SLOOOOOOOW!

It just feels like every single day another thing happens that deflates my enthusiasm. Today I signed up for our Yahoo Fantasy Football league and saw the huge list of supported mobile devices, with no WP8. It is getting harder and harder. I use my 920's internet sharing and my old EVO's wifi to listen to baseball games in the car through the MLB app that isn't available on WP8. That is straight sad.

at this point I am starting to wish I had the Samsung S4
widgets are basically fully customizable "live tiles" that are active and can take input right from the widget. How is that not better? And I could have every app!

I am not ruling anything out. I have until OCT 2014. But, after giving WP 2 years I will need to see some real improvement to stick with them. I need some basic missing features to be added and I need app support to be vastly improved. Otherwise I will probably head back to android with my tail between my legs.

NokFromApp

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I am on the edge. I absolutely love my 920 like I've loved no other phone before and I've used an Android (Motorola Droid) and iOS (iPhone 4) before this. Having said that, I frequently run into situations when I want a phone controlled device/service and it does not support Windows Phone 8. As an example, I have Sonos, and they still dont have a WP8 application. I know there is Phonos, but that sets me back by $5. I was in the market to buy a Wireless IP camera and all the top selling ones like Foscam, DLink, Dropcam dont have WP8 apps. Today (Evil) Google launched Chromecast and as far as I know, it does not work with WP8. While i love the Lumia hardware and just this morning I was tempted to get a 1020, missing apps frustrate me from time to time. I still have a year left in my contract and I know the situation is improving and hopefully the app gap will not be as wide as it is now between WP8 and the other two OSs by the time it is time for me to upgrade.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think it is on it's way to verizon. One LG phone just passed through the FCC LG VS980

More than likely I'll have another phone by the time it's available. If the HTC One for Verizon had a firm release date I would wait for it if I decided to commit to android again.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I voted yes. Actually, I almost did exactly that today, haha... I have an unlocked Rogers 920 in black but walked into a nearby T-Mobile store with every intention of walking out with a shiny new 925. My friend who I was texting with kinda talked me out of it because I spent over $500 on my 920 and only got it in May. If anything, I'll wait out the rest of the year before getting a 925 or whatever better device might be around by then.

Wazzim

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Unless 8.1 is a real improvement, probably not.

I like the OS and want to support the metro-UI initiative but MS should show the full dedication a multi-billion software company is able to give.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
IOS and Android will have to do something earth shaking to get me off WP in the immediate future, but one thing that the manufacturers could do to lose me is to continue releasing so-called "flagship phones" that have little or no useful storage space.

Say what you will about the iPhone, but I can at least get one with 64GB. Coming from 64GB iPhones to 16GB WPs, the one thing that I really miss is having enough storage for my music and audio books.

So you telling me you can't use an SD card? Unless you have a device without one, which imo, should be something you should have considered

Sent from something UHMAYZING using Tapatalk

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I vote YES.

I don't seem to have any issues with WP. I like the OS a lot. I didn't buy into Windows Phone to be different, I bought it because I don't like Android or ios. It's not like Android or iphone sucks less than it did last October when I bought my current phone.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes because I think this OS is the best and straight to the point with no candy decorations.

But...As much as I like 2-3 updates per year, they need to address bigger issues.

Video attachment from own library is not critical but when you need it, it's not there (in 2013) .
And most of all, how the OTHER STORAGE will be handled is a major decision maker.

So far loving the 920!

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I only got my L920 a few months ago for on a full-price upgrade from the L900. I don't see myself getting a new one until next spring.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Sticking with WP and NOKIA as my OEM of choice. L1020 is going to be my next upgrade once it became available here and drops its price. I wouldn't care much about WP9 or next WP flagship, unless 1020 hardware is buggy.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I plan to upgrade my L920 next summer or thereabouts to whatever Nokia flagship or 1020 update is available. I just really prefer the look and feel of metro, and I remain confident (at least hopeful) that we'll continue to see improvements to the OS and the Windows ecosystem. I can appreciate the polish and depth of iOS, but I no longer enjoy the mechanics of using the iPhone and I can't go back to a small device like that. I'm often amazed (and tempted) by the flexibility and control of Android, and the bleeding-edge-tick-every-box hardware, but using Android just never seems to be delightful.

I've also been really impressed with Nokia- their hardware, their software, their accessories and their overall approach is just solid. The reality is they are not Apple or Samsung or Google or even Microsoft. Compared to those companies Nokia feels like a boutique smartphone maker. And I like them that way. I'm happy to support Nokia and I couldn't imagine saying that about any of the big players mentioned previously. I might throw money at Apple, or sell my digital soul to Google or contract for services with Microsoft- but Nokia? I want to personally hand them a check, shake hands and say "alright partner, let's see what's next".

All that said, MS needs to get Windows 8.1 shipped, get through the holidays and then double-down on Windows Phone or I may have no choice but to jump ship on principle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750