How many of you are planning to stick with WP8 after your current phone?

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
When you your current phone dies, you're due an upgarde or just want a change, how many of you will buy another WP8 phone?

Are you invested enough in the ecosystem not to, or are you so sick of the restrictions and lack of progress on the platform that you'll move back/to another OS?
I know that my next purchase will be a WP8 or 9. The platform has me hooked, never believed in love with inanimate objects before I met my 8X.:winktongue:

cgallaer

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I just got my L928 but so far it's my favorite smartphone and WP8 is my favorite mobile OS. I plan on staying with the platform when it comes time to upgrade.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I'll stick with it because I want to see where it goes. The key thing for me is that none of the competition have enough to persuade me to come back. I couldn't live with Android regardless of how good the hardware is. Apple have slipped, in my opinion, in terms of hardware. The iPhone 5 is nice but it's just so bland. I'll have a look at what they come up with over the next few years but at the moment they can't match Nokia in terms of fresh, exciting handsets. I'm looking forward to seeing what Nokia and MS come up with next.

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I'll stick with it because I want to see where it goes. The key thing for me is that none of the competition have enough to persuade me to come back. I couldn't live with Android regardless of how good the hardware is. Apple have slipped, in my opinion, in terms of hardware. The iPhone 5 is nice but it's just so bland. I'll have a look at what they come up with over the next few years but at the moment they can't match Nokia in terms of fresh, exciting handsets. I'm looking forward to seeing what Nokia and MS come up with next.
This is almost EXACTLY how I feel.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

This. You'd expect an Ambassador like me to scribble something down about their love of WP and how its the best thing since sliced bread but in all honestly I think this comment covers it.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't know yet.

I'll have my 8X another year if I don't break it. And then I'll decide depending on where the platform has progressed to. At the moment I'm not very optimistic to be honest. I really like WP but Microsoft's pace and the lacking interest of all manufacturers except Nokia frustrates me.

If WP becomes Nokia OS for low-range devices in eastern countries, then I'll switch definitely.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I definitely plan on staying with WP and Nokia. I am able to find all the apps I want or need in the Marketplace. I loved my iPhone until the 900 came along, and I knew I wanted it. Sold the iPhone and got the 900, then the 920, and haven't had a single regret. As others have said, the iPhone is just bland compared to WP. I really love being able to sync between my PC, phone, and Surface. Also, I love the combination of style and durability Nokia offers.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Very likely I will stick with WP. I'm pretty happy with the OS even if it lacks many things, but it will only get better in due time. The only realistic option I'd consider would be a Jolla-phone at this time, but I'm quite heavily invested into Microsoft's ecosystem and I like it this way.

I typically have a phone for a few years before I upgrade, but it depends if 920 will keep getting all the future upgdates too (like iOS style) and how will those updates effect performance. If it's supported on software side, it still works and so on, I might even stay with the 920 for closer to 3 years, largely cos I'm gonna be in the post-studies pre-work limbo likely at that time :D

Gurggles

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
@coreldan I have to agree with you on Jolla. Sailfish OS looks amazing and I love the one handed use design of the UI. WP8 is a great OS but I am sometimes tempted by others phone because of the app gap. Its not that the apps I need are not on WP8, its that I want the support android and IOS have (though I hates them precious!!!).
I wish Nokia would just make a lighter flagship phone!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll be sticking with my commitment to Windows Phone, it's worked very well for me ever since WP7.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the 'I don't know' category simply because WP8 just doesn't tick all the boxes yet. I'm doing my best to be patient and wait for WP8.1 then I'll see how I feel otherwise I'll have a L920 for sale.

I can add a lot of other points but that's the simplest way to put things.

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Just got my 928 about a month ago and I'm absolutely sticking with WP. Everytime I have strayed, Samsung Note 2, Sony Xperia, HTC One, Motorola Razr Maxx HD, and numerous others, I have ALWAYS come back to windows phone. I'm a lifer because I love the aesthetic of the OS too much & Nokia builds high quality phones to match.

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been using a Samsung focus for past two years and im upgrading to the 1020. I <3 windows phone. Don't plan on changing anytime soon.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
It would take something extraordinary for me to leave MSFT / Nokia behind. I don't trust GOOG. AAPL is stagnating, and BB may not be around when my next upgrade comes up.

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the 'I don't know' category simply because WP8 just doesn't tick all the boxes yet. I'm doing my best to be patient and wait for WP8.1 then I'll see how I feel otherwise I'll have a L920 for sale.

I can add a lot of other points but that's the simplest way to put things.

These are pretty much my thoughts.

Honestly, I think it's impossible to say right now when we haven't seen what WP 8.1 and Android 5.0 are going to offer. I do really like WP, but it needs some MAJOR improvement. If they don't add in the fundamental features that it's currently lacking as well as patch up the annoying software bugs in WP 8.1, then I can definitely see myself running back to Android in the near future. But we have to wait and see, and honestly I feel as though WP 8.1 will be great and will cement Microsoft's position as my preferred mobile OS. If it doesn't then I'll be looking elsewhere, but as of now I'm very optimistic. As for iOS, I'm pretty convinced that Apple aren't going to bring us any remarkable innovation anytime soon to win me over, but still, we can't write them off yet.

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I plan to stick with windows phone for a long time. I've been using the 920 since November 2012 and everything from software to hardware is fantastic! Windows phone also convinced me to upgrade my laptop to Windows 8 which I didn't think I would enjoy but WOW does it speed things up on my almost 5 year old laptop :)

Looking forward to the future of windows phone :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077