Lumias not so sturdy.

stamford27

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't know anyone who hasn't had some sort of problem with their Lumia. Power button on my 620 has broke after a couple of months. These nokias will never have the reputation of the classic 3310/3330

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Technically the 3310/3330 were just pieces of concrete in which small gremlins lived that made the phone work.

Seriously, I don't know how you can break a power button. They are pretty much integrated into the case. They don't move much. Was it dropped?
Watch the drop tests on YouTube for an example of how sturdy the Lumias are. Could you hammer a nail in with a 3310?
Well you probably could actually. You could build a house with one, but even so, the Lumias are still tough.

Last edited:

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
If you dropped your 620, then it's very possible that the power/wake button got jammed because the back cover shifted during the fall. That very thing happened to my mother this morning. She didn't know why her phone "wouldn't turn on." I had a look at it, knew exactly what the problem was, removed the case she has on it and snapped it back into place. Problem solved.

stamford27

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Technically the 3310/3330 were just pieces of concrete in which small gremlins lives that made the phone work.

Seriously, I don't know how you can break a power button. They are pretty much integrated into the case. They don't move much. Was it dropped?
Watch the drop tests on YouTube for an example of how sturdy the Lumias are. Could you hammer a nail in with a 3310?
Well you probably could actually. You could build a house with one, but even so, the Lumias are still tough.

The power button is a flimsy little thing. Not the button on the case. I've got lots of cases. Take the cover off and look at it on the phone it's self. So easy to brake.

stamford27

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Not the cover everyone, I've got lots of covers. Take the cover off and look at the button, a flimsy little thing that is known to brake quickly.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well if it brakes quickly then it can already do more than most other phones....i'd consider that a feature not a problem!

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I drop my 920 from head height or even just toss it on the ground away from me just to demo how durable it is. A couple scuffs on the red casing and 2 dented corners from dropping it in the parking lot once. No screen scratches or broken buttons.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
My 920 hasn't had any issues, thus now you have met one :D

It's obvious that devices like these will never outlive devices like 3310. There is SO much more fine tech inside cramped into the small space that it's obvious that they won't have similar battery life or durability. However for a high end smartphone, at least the 920 is one of the sturdiest.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
This thread reminds me of all the people who always say "back in my day...". I swear some people think Nokia phones for 7,8,9 whatever years ago never broke and could take a nail through the center....

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Well done, Stamford. You've generalised from a sample size of one.

You've broken your phone and not only is your particular model substandard but the whole Lumia range. Better that than admit you're ham-fisted, eh?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I don't know anyone who hasn't had some sort of problem with their Lumia. Power button on my 620 has broke after a couple of months. These nokias will never have the reputation of the classic 3310/3330

With the case I have never had a issue with the 900 or the 920. With the screen no problems with either the 900 or 920 So physically no problems. With the software an occasional glitch or two nothing major. The thinner Nokia windows phone are not going to be quite as solid as the 900 and 920 because they are fairly hefty but the 920 to me feels about the same weight as the 900. Its better balanced IMHO. I am at this point unless something happens to the 920 keeping it until the Nokia phablet makes its appearance hopefully later this year.

By the way Ive had my 920 about 6 months now and the 900 about a year before that.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
The power button is a flimsy little thing. Not the button on the case. I've got lots of cases. Take the cover off and look at it on the phone it's self. So easy to brake.

They are flimsy when the cover is off, but on they are pushed out and sturdy. How are your friends breaking them, when changing covers?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss