Friend says "Windows Phone is a worthless OS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
re: Friend says "Windows Phone is a worthless OS"

I was reading this, when a colleague came and ask me to help set-up the company's email account on his SG-Note. Damn thing froze and hang.
I rest my case!!! LOL

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

There are two things that are true beyond a doubt in WP:

1) It runs smooth. Apps open smooth, games play smooth, internet runs smooth, and commands work like a charm.

2) The live tiles are an easy to learn, easy to personalize, easy to love UI.

I have no idea why phones are a "dividing factor" other then on posts and message boards. In real life?? REALLY??? Did anyone ever drop a friend because they bought a Dell instead of Lenovo computer? Or a Honda instead of a Toyota? Or a Ford instead of either of those?

Spend some time with a WP. You will like it from the first try on, or you won't and it isn't for you. The fact you are here proves you liked it.

frenzyvanrafi

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

Okay, I will to get Lumia 625 in October or November, ignoring all friend negative opinion and I will enjoying this phone with smooth performance

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Being able to turn wireless functions on and off with one touch was pretty nice.
This is rolled into the swipe-down gesture on more recent versions of Android. (Windows Phone definitely needs to improve in notifications and quick access.)

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

If you want a Windows Phone, get one. If your friend gets offended by it and acts with malice or negativity in a serious way (I banter with my tech friends a lot over tech, and to the untrained ear it might sound like malice, but it isn't), then just stop being his friend and find friends that will actually respect you despite your phone choice. Although he should be OK with it. Who knows, maybe you can do similar to those "Smoked By Windows Phone" campaigns to see which phone does certain tasks better ;)

Zeeshan Kazi

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

windows UI is far far better than android but there are many other reasons windows lack in , such as :
cannot send pdf files on bluetooth
even large size videos cannot be sent
less frequent updates
cannot make presentation unlike word and excel
lack many useful apps
poor multitasking
no video toolbar in order to pause the video while shooting
cannot send downloaded videos via bluetooth
does not allow download over 50mb with data connection on store
no file manger
extremely poor desktop app etc...........................................
hey windows employees first shorten this list then think of staying in the market

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

There are lot more of shortcomings on wp something which wp fans will always try to defend. The only thing good is its got live tiles, very smooth os, but for saving attachment from your gmail ac cant be done shows the os in poor light.
If you are thinking of switching, best to read all the threads, learn if you can live with it.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

There are lot more of shortcomings on wp something which wp fans will always try to defend. The only thing good is its got live tiles, very smooth os, but for saving attachment from your gmail ac cant be done shows the os in poor light.
If you are thinking of switching, best to read all the threads, learn if you can live with it.

which attachments have you had trouble saving?

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Your friend's comments about the UI make him seem as ignorant of Android as he is of WP. If you buy a Samsung, you'll get Touchwiz; if you buy an HTC, Sense and buying Nexus will get you the sub-iOS static icons copied from Apple. So what's he saying Android has a better UI when it doesn't have a standard at all?

Given his opinion, smile politely at him and tell him you'll be sticking with your WP. After all, it's not nice to mock the afflicted is it? :)

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

Did you see my post on page two of this thread? I have no trouble saving documents from the mail client in Windows Phone.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My friend said Windows Phone is worthless than Android, it has ugly UI, most apps on Marketplace was paid, easily bricked, and other. Meanwhile Android according to my friend it has best UI, much free apps on store, and popular means good.

I hate their opinion because they only looking at appearance, not at function. They dissimulation use an Android phone with very nice UI but they doesn't understand how to use them.

Please how to tell the WP advantage to my noobish friend because I want to buy Lumia 625 (or not 620) but I am worry if it was hurting relationship to my friend.

Sorry for my bad English, I can't thinking them so good.

Something tells me your friend has never used Windows Phone and probably never even saw it up close and personal. Get what you want and don't worry about what he thinks.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Something tells me your friend has never used Windows Phone and probably never even saw it up close and personal. Get what you want and don't worry about what he thinks.

There is an even better chance that his friend heard what negative things people have being saying about Windows Phone.

VDub2174

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I've learned that the whole "Which OS is better debate" is a losing battle on all sides. Everyone has their preferences and will defend them until they die..................or at least until we're all stuck with one OS :winktongue:

People seem to think that an OS sucks because they don't know about it really. I used to think the same way but being a tech nerd I like to learn as much as possible about all tech. There are some ups and downs to Android/WP/iOS equally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo