Friend says "Windows Phone is a worthless OS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5346288)

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I've learned that the whole "Which OS is better debate" is a losing battle on all sides. Everyone has their preferences and will defend them until they die..................or at least until we're all stuck with one OS :winktongue:

People seem to think that an OS sucks because they don't know about it really. I used to think the same way but being a tech nerd I like to learn as much as possible about all tech. There are some ups and downs to Android/WP/iOS equally.

I agree. Fact is there is no such thing as a perfect OS, or perfect anything for that matter. If people want to find flaws with something, most likely they will and they will compare it to something else. This can be said for just about anything from phones to TV's, cars, ex girlfriends, etc. Lol

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Recently couple weeks, I see more and more people leave their opinions in many internet windows phone forums, and most of them are criticizing about windows phone OS design, but according to their words, these people don't have any experience on WP devices, and I highly doubt their intentions posting those words against WP.

I think we WP users know very well that WP ecosystem still has many defects, and still needs many improvement, but we enjoy using WP devices, no need others to point them out. IPhone users can accept shortcomings of IOS, android devices users can tolerate any current inconvenience on android devices, why is that a friggin' problem to those people when we WP users put up with any current problem on WP OS?!

frenzyvanrafi

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if Windows Phone supporting external input devices such mouse, keyboard, and gamepad. Is WP supporting such external input devices? Android supporting this features

BTW, my thread was been hacked by moderators because the thread title was been changed :shocked:

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if Windows Phone supporting external input devices such mouse, keyboard, and gamepad. Is WP supporting such external input devices? Android supporting this features

BTW, my thread was been hacked by moderators because the thread title was been changed :shocked:

If the title has been changed, then it wasn't appropriate for the thread. It's that simple.

Garneth

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I personally use both WP and Android (Nokia Lumia 520 and HTC One) and I feel Windows Phone has the better UI. Android is a boring UI experience, honestly. Windows Phone's tiles and swiping left and right business in native apps is something I really love. I may end up with a Windows Phone in two years. So, your friend honestly should read up online about it, and even give WP a shot before he goes all against it. I didn't think I'd like the UI as much as I do.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
This is rolled into the swipe-down gesture on more recent versions of Android. (Windows Phone definitely needs to improve in notifications and quick access.)
On WP8 there's an app called connectivity tiles. With it, you can pin any Bluetooth, airplane mode, cellular, location, maps or WiFi tile to your start screen and you're 2 taps away from turning any of said features on.

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Well, come to think of this, what are you using when you are using a so-called "smartphone"?
A PC or a cellphone? Why make things even more complicated? Why not try to make things simpler and easier?

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Lol no. Thats not important for WP.. MS should implement more important things first and introduce several missing functionalities.. Thats more important than bringing USB compability.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that a lot of threads criticizing WP start off with something about how a person couldn't impress his/her friends with WP or that a person's friends said something bad about WP.

Is this what young people do these days - sit and talk about their phones and apps all day? My friends and I have different phones of different brands and ecosystems but I don't think we've ever started debating about which is better (and most of us have good tech knowledge).

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
The thread I wanted to write this in was deleted. I've been considering jumping ship. Windows 8.1 and the subsequent Windows Phone 8.1 will hopefully be game changers in features and customizability - not the kind that compromises security, mind you.

I really enjoy this 928, my windows 8 desktop and tablet, and the Microsoft services I use (Xbox music, office 365)... A buddy at work saw my phone and loved it, but ended up getting the HTC One. He showed me how NFC tags change profiles... The interface is decent - and I've been looking at android stuff just to see what's possible.

Working for Apple and having the windows setup has been novel, and I prefer WP over iOS (6 at least, 7 is looking to be pretty sweet) - but can't help but wonder what all the android fuss is about.

I've been debating the Nexus 7, maybe that will satiate my need for android customizability.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
My friend said Windows Phone is worthless than Android, it has ugly UI, most apps on Marketplace was paid, easily bricked, and other. Meanwhile Android according to my friend it has best UI, much free apps on store, and popular means good.

I hate their opinion because they only looking at appearance, not at function. They dissimulation use an Android phone with very nice UI but they doesn't understand how to use them.

Please how to tell the WP advantage to my noobish friend because I want to buy Lumia 625 (or not 620) but I am worry if it was hurting relationship to my friend.

Sorry for my bad English, I can't thinking them so good.

There is a thread for that - http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/210715-why-wp-will-succeed.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786