Emails being sent multiple times

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
My dad and I both have the Lumia 928, this is his first smart phone and I had upgraded from the HTC Trophy (WP 7.8). We are both experiencing an issue with outgoing emails where the message is being sent multiple times. For me its my work email account, a POP3 server that I had a hell of a time setting up on this phone. For him its his Outlook email address that he uses for work, but its the outlook.com service. Its sporadic when it happens, I went an entire day trying to MAKE it repeat the problem and I have no idea how I was able to replicate it when it finally occurred.

I know its about to start doing it when the mail app starts prompting me to reenter my username and password for my work account. Dad's phone just starts firing off multiple emails without warning (he says, I haven't seen it firsthand). The message seems stuck in my outbox even though its going through again and again.

Has anyone experienced this? Any solutions?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I did not have any emails sent in duplicate. However, outlook.com had server issues last night/this morning, and I was unable to send anything using my Windows Phone or Windows 8 Mail app. Outlook 2010 and webmail worked.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Its been a consistent problem for me since I switched to the Lumia 928. I was ready to chalk it up to the work email account until my dad told me that he was having the same problems with his Outlook account on his Lumia 928

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Has anybody been able to resolve this issue? I use Yahoo! Mail and all three accounts send duplicate emails (each email is sent twice under "sent" folder).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)