Dell’s Cyber Monday in Julysaves you up to 50%!
    Whenever I search for apps in Store. I just get a bunch of junk apps mixed in.. There's no perceivable order..

How do I sort by things like good-ness? Example: number of downloads, rating, trending, downloads with the last x days, etc?
    Or just a general "list the good ones first" like Android does... instead of scrambling the 1 star rating DOWNLOAD FREE WALLPAPER HERE website wrapper "apps" with the stuff that's relevant to my search query.
    07-26-2013 11:47 PM
    Hi inertially and welcome to WPCentral.

I'm not sure of the answer, but that is a good question. I'd be interested too, if someone knows if any filters are possible.
    07-26-2013 11:52 PM
    It tries to sort by relevance.

By relevance, I mean, Title>Description, then tries to give you as many high ratings as possible before you scroll.
    Inverted pyramid, my friend.

Occasionally, search also gives you names of apps as you type. If you tap this, more often than not, these aren't junk apps.

And, no, there are no filters.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-26-2013 11:52 PM
    Not even a simple, view Free apps only?

Well I don't really consider the Relevance algorithm to be working then.. I see 2 stars apps mixed together with 4 stars apps on the first screen right after a search (at the top of search results).

Err nevermind... title and description.... I guess that means that there simply aren't the apps I want on WP8.
    Even a simple "Photo Gallery" search bad apps as the top results.
    http://i.imgur.com/kGMeezX.jpg

Is there an equivalent apps to "QuickPic" for Android on WP8.. I mean having the same feature set, specifically the option to view more details on photo (Size, date taken, etc, EXIF data).

*Nevermind, I just think the relevance algorithm is fundamentally flawed... Even when I search for "Calculator" The number one search result is an app with a bunch of reviews that say nearly all of its calculations are wrong... There are better Calculators that show in lower in the results...
    But all of them seem pretty junky compared to Android. At least the Free ones. Seems to be a lot less offered for Free (percentage wise) on WP8 compared to Android also...
    Last edited by inertially; 07-27-2013 at 12:16 AM.
    07-27-2013 12:04 AM
    You're definitely right; I don't think it sorts them by relevance, and if it does, it does it incredibly poorly.
    If I search specifically for "myTube", this is what I get.

Note that myTube appears 16th(!) on the list! WTF?! Ridiculous.

There are filters, so to speak. On the store's main page you can get a list of "New + Rising", "Top Free" and so on, but you can't apply those criteria to a manual search which is a bizarre oversight.
    07-27-2013 10:43 AM
    i would like a sort by rating too. e.g. first i search for scanning apps, then sort by rating
    07-27-2013 04:38 PM