Major Problems with Bing Local Search and Here Maps

kwool

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey there, just upgraded from the HTC Arrive to the Lumia 1020. I'm having some really major issues with the location functionality of the phone.

I used Bing Local search a lot with Windows Phone 7. When I use it with the new Lumia, it's recommending me things very far away.

For example, if I search McDonald's, the first three results are:
- Bartow, FL - 6249.3 miles away
- Phoenix, AZ - 6249.3 miles away
- Noblesville, IN - 6249.3 miles away.

I'm in Iowa, so none of these are actually that far away. Further, when I map these locations, it puts them all in the same place: off the west coast of Africa.

I have location services turned on, and sometimes I actually get local results, but in like the 10th or 13th place.

Has anyone else had issues with these? And is there any solution?

EDIT: Here are screenshots.

wp_ss_20130728_0002.jpgwp_ss_20130728_0001.jpg

Last edited:

kwool

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
It does.

And the problematic maps appear to be the ones you can still open with Bing. Here Maps, as a standalone app, works considerably better and gives accurate local results.

deadman5k

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem. My phones map app has been working for years. Yesterday it started being really slow loading directions and sometimes wouldn't do it at all. So I factory reset my phone and now all local searches says all locations are 7,874.12 miles away event though the locations are in different states.

I cant figure out how to fix it. I have an HTC Radar with windows 7.8. Please help!

godno

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I just got a nokia 1020
What a great hardware.
What a horrible software.
Maps doesn't find my correct location, gives stupid directions and suggests restaurants on the other side of town.

Not usable. I'll have to return it...

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I just got a nokia 1020
What a great hardware.
What a horrible software.
Maps doesn't find my correct location, gives stupid directions and suggests restaurants on the other side of town.

Not usable. I'll have to return it...

Have you tried to fix your issues? Have you PM'ed kwool to see if he/she did anything to help the situation?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans