My problems with Windows Phone 8 - 1 more year

Status
Not open for further replies.

leo9212

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been a strong supporter of Windows Phone, even back in the windows mobile days. I got the Nokia 900 on the first day it came out, less than a year later the Nokia 920 came out. At first i was mad because it was going to be entirely new and no longer the same as the Nokia 900 (WP 7 to WP 8). But i wanted to give it a second chance went out and got the Nokia 920 on the first day. I really wanted to support Windows Phone as my work has either a choice of iPhone or Samsung galaxy line up, but my main phone has been windows phone for more 14 - 15 months now. You might think i might be just ******** here, but i am just starting to give up hope on this platform really. I got two of my co workers to switch to 920, talk about a shame i have to live with. I pretty much forced their work phone to be their personal phone now. So to tell you guys the truth i am just tired of waiting for the issues to be fixed. I am talking about simple things on Nokia 920 that bother me so much.

First thing has to be the storage issue i have more than 12 GB in the other storage. I have to do so many things just to download certain games or files. you guys might me thinking i still have 3 GB storage, I have that because i had to delete my maps which was more than 2 GB because a game i was trying to download wouldn't install. I have to delete the pictures on my phone as soon as they reach 1 GB just to make sure i have extra storage (i know there is skydrive, but that's not the point its just the inconvenience). I know a fix is coming but really how long its been more than 6 months.

wp_ss_20130728_0001.png

I don't know about you guys live tile notifications, but any third partys apps i have most of the time live do not work. Mail, Calender all those out of the box apps work fine. My main apps are WP central, ESPN, twitter, weave news reader,metro tube. Have a bunch of other apps, but i only open them if they have notification on it. The problem is they almost never work, I have manually open every single one of them to know whats going on inside the app. Even the WP central app doesn't work for me anymore. I have to open it then when i back out it tells me how many updates it had in the app. Even an app like viber where the notifications are important to the app the live tile doesn't work most of the time.

Some of the OS apps like calendar, clock should be way better than they really are. Have a calender app that looks good, even when i used to have the windows mobile HTC did their skin(aka sense) the core apps were way better. At least have a clock app where everything is done is one thing. As much as i hate apple their clock is probably one of the best apps. Have an app where you can adjust the time, set alarm, timer, stopwatch everything in one place how hard is it really. There are many more simple things like these that ruin the WP experience. I know some people complain about apps, but i really don't care that much. The main apps i used to use on android are on windows phone. I might add some of them are even better on WP.

I will be able to upgrade in about 6 more months now, so if Microsoft can fix these simple things and show some progress i will be sticking to windows phone for the long run. If not really i have no choice to switch to other OS and i am 99% sure all the people i recommended WP are switching to other os on their next upgrade.

Nightwishh

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have been a strong supporter of Windows Phone, even back in the windows mobile days. I got the Nokia 900 on the first day it came out, less than a year later the Nokia 920 came out. At first i was mad because it was going to be entirely new and no longer the same as the Nokia 900 (WP 7 to WP 8). But i wanted to give it a second chance went out and got the Nokia 920 on the first day. I really wanted to support Windows Phone as my work has either a choice of iPhone or Samsung galaxy line up, but my main phone has been windows phone for more 14 - 15 months now. You might think i might be just ******** here, but i am just starting to give up hope on this platform really. I got two of my co workers to switch to 920, talk about a shame i have to live with. I pretty much forced their work phone to be their personal phone now. So to tell you guys the truth i am just tired of waiting for the issues to be fixed. I am talking about simple things on Nokia 920 that bother me so much.

First thing has to be the storage issue i have more than 12 GB in the other storage. I have to do so many things just to download certain games or files. you guys might me thinking i still have 3 GB storage, I have that because i had to delete my maps which was more than 2 GB because a game i was trying to download wouldn't install. I have to delete the pictures on my phone as soon as they reach 1 GB just to make sure i have extra storage (i know there is skydrive, but that's not the point its just the inconvenience). I know a fix is coming but really how long its been more than 6 months.

View attachment 38498

I don't know about you guys live tile notifications, but any third partys apps i have most of the time live do not work. Mail, Calender all those out of the box apps work fine. My main apps are WP central, ESPN, twitter, weave news reader,metro tube. Have a bunch of other apps, but i only open them if they have notification on it. The problem is they almost never work, I have manually open every single one of them to know whats going on inside the app. Even the WP central app doesn't work for me anymore. I have to open it then when i back out it tells me how many updates it had in the app. Even an app like viber where the notifications are important to the app the live tile doesn't work most of the time.

Some of the OS apps like calendar, clock should be way better than they really are. Have a calender app that looks good, even when i used to have the windows mobile HTC did their skin(aka sense) the core apps were way better. At least have a clock app where everything is done is one thing. As much as i hate apple their clock is probably one of the best apps. Have an app where you can adjust the time, set alarm, timer, stopwatch everything in one place how hard is it really. There are many more simple things like these that ruin the WP experience. I know some people complain about apps, but i really don't care that much. The main apps i used to use on android are on windows phone. I might add some of them are even better on WP.

I will be able to upgrade in about 6 more months now, so if Microsoft can fix these simple things and show some progress i will be sticking to windows phone for the long run. If not really i have no choice to switch to other OS and i am 99% sure all the people i recommended WP are switching to other os on their next upgrade.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
This is an honest question, why do you feel the need to repeat what hundreds have said before you?

Someone will close this thread soon, thx god

Nightwishh

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
My biggest issue is the fact I can't modify a forwarded e-mail. My job is to receive offers from my colleagues and send them to the clients. Imagine I can't send them the entire email ( 5-6 emails one after another, containing discussions between different departments ). Well, I know it may come as a surprise for some of you, but when I forward the email to the client, I cannot delete or modify the history of the e-mail... I have to access my mailbox from webmail in order to send the offer to the client... Extremely productive, isn't it? Well, I have decided that, if this won't get fixed by the end of the year, I will give up on WP8...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro