WP 8.1 might come sooner that I thought

jfautch

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I had trouble accessing my Microsoft account while setting up my new Lumia 1020. Interesting comment from the Chat support person about WP 8.1 below
Jim B.: The authenticator is a separate device that uses password algorhythms to synchronize your sign ins.
John: OK seemed to work - thanks very much. I didn't see this in the FAQ section?
Jim B.: It's fairly new, and won't be a problem for long. The issue is that the Windows Phone 8 login system was designed before 2 Factor Authentication was implemented, so it's not designed for it. The 8.1 update coming soon fixes that problem.
John: OK but I hear 8.1 Phone is 1st or 2nd quarter 2014?
Jim B.: Nope, 8.1 is currently in the carrier's hands for final testing against their systems. It should be released to the phones in the next 1-2 months.

jfautch

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
But my phone is the Lumia 1020 which is supposed to be shipping with GDR2. The 2 factor authentication should have not been a problem if that was the release to fix the problem. I just hope he was correct. WP8 needs all the love MS can give.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think these bugs put delays on Microsoft's progress. I think they have a debug team that is split apart from the regular team when they need it.

4hab

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
No source. Just crying for attention.

Not crying for attention, just being realistic (maybe a bit pessimistic). Microsoft sure is slow. Very slow. I would really not consider WP 8.1 to come out before Q2 2014, just for not being disappointed. Even Joe Belfiore urged the community to be patient, that doesnt sound like its coming in the next time and especially not like the carriers are in charge of Wp 8.1 already.

Communication fail. Thats what we have here for sure.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Not crying for attention, just being realistic (maybe a bit pessimistic). Microsoft sure is slow. Very slow. I would really not consider WP 8.1 to come out before Q2 2014, just for not being disappointed. Even Joe Belfiore urged the community to be patient, that doesnt sound like its coming in the next time and especially not like the carriers are in charge of Wp 8.1 already.

Communication fail. Thats what we have here for sure.

Microsoft is not slow. Android and iOS only release new features every year. Windows Phone 8 has added features every couple months. They know what they are doing. Unless you are trying to argue that you could run things better yourself, then I don't think you have a valid argument.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo