Hello

I just wanted to enquire is there a way to share a map location, other than my current location using Windows Phone 8 Maps app, or does this functionality require a third party app. Could someone please describe to me how to do this if it is possible. For example if I have located a restaurant on the map app how do I message my friends the location of the restaurant.

Thanks for any assistance
    07-30-2013 04:18 AM
    When you search for a "restaurant", click on it, and click "share".

Its the middle button between the "pin" and "add to favorites".
    07-30-2013 04:22 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. Just to clarify in the maps app if I search for the restaurant it displays on the map the location. If I then click on the search result flag on the map displays a screen like this see attached / inserted from here I can share these results:

image.jpg

When sent to someone else comes up like a bing search result as opposed to just the location. Have I missed something
    07-30-2013 05:54 AM
    There should be two parts to your "shared location message". There's a Bing.com part, so they can see other types of information.

The other part of the message just have the address. When you click on the address it takes you directly into the maps apps.

Edit: this is a pic to show what I mean when you share your location.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...EHcre2yeVY8JNE
    07-30-2013 09:13 AM
    Aaaaahhh. Ok. Thank you very much for that info. For some reason my address or the second url which should open directly in maps is just text not a hyperlink? Least I know it is possible. thanks for the information
    Microsoftjunkie likes this.
    07-30-2013 07:24 PM
    Try "Return Me Here" ... you can add, share, pin and back up your locations to skydrive
    08-06-2013 12:20 AM