Windows phone 8 and outlook.com

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I know that pop has a setting like that, but I hope outlook.com uses active sync instead of 90's pop protocol...

There are settings in Outlook that stop your phone from deleting items in your actual inbox, make sure you change those settings. It's under "POP and deleting downloaded messages" in outlook.

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I will need to test this next time the issue occurs...

I've seen this on rare occasion. Seems to be one message in particular. I have fixed it by going to the Outlook account and under Items to Sync DESELECTING email. Then exist the settings, wait a sec, go back in and SELECT email. That seems to force some sort of a more thorough re-sync and flushes the offending message(s).

jridgers

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Cannot seem to find this setting. Where exactly?

When you access Outlook.com on your computer, click on the Settings icon in the top right-hand corner then scroll down to "More mail settings". Go to "POP and deleting downloaded messages" and choose the second radio button for "Do what my other program says...".

Jerricho

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have really been disappointed with Windows Phone 8. It does not work with outlook near as well as an iphone does. ITunes syncs the iphone and ipad with Outlook very well. Microsoft really dropped the ball for it's business customers. "One Microsoft!" Give me a break!

jdkuipers

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I am having this same issue. When I delete an email from Outlook.com or move an email to a folder from Outlook.com, and then wait for my phone to sync (or even force a manual sync), the deleted/moved email will sometimes still appear in the inbox on my phone. It is not a POP issue since I am using Outlook.com as my email and syncing with my Windows Phone 8 (HTC 8x on Verizon).

This does not happen every time, but once it does occur then I have to manually fix it by doing one of the following:
1) go into Outlook.com sync settings on my phone > uncheck email as "Content to sync" > manually force a sync > re-check email as "Content to sync" > manually force another sync (this was suggested as a fix in a previous post);
2) go into Outlook.com sync settings on my phone > change the "Download email from" option (i.e. from "the last month" to "the last 2 weeks") > manually force a sync
Both of these options will temporarily resolve the issue, but it will reoccur if I delete/move emails from Outlook.com again.

Please advise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos