WiFi on unlimited data

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to download apps and stuff without having to use WiFi when on an unlimited data plan???

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
There is no other way at this point.

[h=2]Downloading apps and games FAQ[/h] ▼Why do I get an error message when I try to download an app or game?
Your phone might have temporarily lost its Internet connection, or you might be trying to download an app that's too big to download over your phone's mobile data connection. If you're trying to download an app that's larger than 50 megabytes (MB) – this applies to many games – you'll need to connect to a WiFi network to complete the download.
Downloading apps and games FAQ | Windows Phone How-to (Australia)

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
That to me seems ridiculous :( I mean I understand they are trying to help peepz not get bill-shock or whatever they call it but it is MY phone n I should be able to download stuff any way I please!!!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That to me seems ridiculous :( I mean I understand they are trying to help peepz not get bill-shock or whatever they call it but it is MY phone n I should be able to download stuff any way I please!!!
Hopefully that will be changed at some point in the future. iPhones were unable to download large apps/podcasts via mobile network at one time too.

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I am in the same boat. It sucks major pain and totally ridiculous. My 928 is almost a chore to use sometimes. I switch between it and a note 2. Note 2 for work and my 928 for personal.

PS. You can even changed on settings to use cellular data and it still won't download larger files

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've noticed anything over 40mb will only allow WiFi downloads n I don't know bout u but the WiFi I use at the library is shockingly slow but I guess that's coz there may be 20 odd peepz connected at the same time :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05