Soft reset doubled my battery life!

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I did a soft rest the other day and it has doubled my battery life!! it's the first time i've done one and would highly recommend it to people who are having a bit of battery drain trouble !!

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
same here. Apparently we have runaway processes that are gobbling battery and Microsoft needs to do something about it.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
They do indeed! Hopefully in the next update, in the mean time I'm going to do one, once a week as the only thing I need to do is fix the date/time so no biggie!!

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Not a thing, you might need to adjust the date and time that's all,press and hold the volume down and power button at the same time for around 10 seconds until you feel the phone vibrate then release them and the phone will turn back on. Happy days!!

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Turning it off is just rebooting the phone, a soft reset is sort of like a cold boot, anyway Nokia and Microsoft do recommend it from time to time

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
A soft reset is like pulling the battery out of the phone. I've done it many times on my 920, just because. The time and date correct it self within a few seconds of turning on.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
No no all your apps will be fine!! Didn't know the date corrected itself after a few minutes though, I just manually did it myself. Thanks for the heads up Walter!!

naren_bn88

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I had bought lumia 720 a month ago , because of some hardware issues i got it replaced. Now the new one is working completely fine but when i try to do a soft reset it wont vibrate and restart on its own even if i keep the combo buttons pressed for 2 or more mins, when i leave the buttons it vibrates and restarts

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
You should have your phone turned on, you only need to press the buttons for about 10 seconds till it vibrates then release them. Not 2 minutes lol

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I am trying this now. My battery has been acting so weird with the percentages, 99% when pulled off charger, then like 20 mins later says 73%------------------

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
A soft reset is like pulling the battery out of the phone. I've done it many times on my 920, just because. The time and date correct it self within a few seconds of turning on.

Only if the network supports automatic updating of date and time. My network does not so I have to manually set the date and time after a soft reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo