Anyone tried this yet?

We all know you can choose what search engine you use when you hit search button. However same applies when you use TellMe.

When you say "Weather in XYZ", Bing results have 5 day pictorial weather right on top. However, if you selected Google you need to scroll nearly to the bottom of page for it!

Bing 1, Google 0?

Can't post screenies from app. Will do after I use desktop!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-02-2013 02:47 AM
    We all know you can choose what search engine you use when you hit search button.
    Can we? I tried this Russian trick, everything that changed was that the search button opened IE with the Bing homepage instead of the app on my 8X.

I'd love to have Google there. Bing might be great where you live, but in my country it's pretty much nothing more than a huge joke.
    08-02-2013 03:57 AM
    Anyone tried this yet?

We all know you can choose what search engine you use when you hit search button. However same applies when you use TellMe.

When you say "Weather in XYZ", Bing results have 5 day pictorial weather right on top. However, if you selected Google you need to scroll nearly to the bottom of page for it!

Bing 1, Google 0?

Can't post screenies from app. Will do after I use desktop!
    I say that and the results for me with Bing are at the bottom and for google at the top lol
    08-02-2013 04:22 AM
    Can we? I tried this Russian trick, everything that changed was that the search button opened IE with the Bing homepage instead of the app on my 8X.

I'd love to have Google there. Bing might be great where you live, but in my country it's pretty much nothing more than a huge joke.
    It doesn't change your "homepage" - it changes your search engine. So even though you are typing in Bing, I guess your search engine is different? Well at least that's how I understood it. Maybe it only changes IE homepage? :s

I say that and the results for me with Bing are at the bottom and for google at the top lol
    It wasn't reproducible on mine either :s

It is so temperamental where my search results go!
    08-02-2013 05:29 AM
    Here is a video for the fix :)

10-24-2013 06:48 PM
    10-24-2013 09:59 PM