I finally joined the Windows Phone 8 club after waiting forever for Sprint to release a device, and I love my 8XT so far.

There are a few questions that I can't seem to find the answer to from Googling, so I hoped people on here might be able to help me out.

I had loved in WP7 how if I wanted to send a picture in a text, I just had to press the paper clip and camera button, take a picture and send it right away. In WP8, if I do that, that picture is then saved to my camera roll. Can I turn that off? If I'm sending a quick picture in a text message, I have no need to have it in my camera roll.

A big thing about syncing using the desktop program. I was easily able to bring in my old saved pictures from my HTC Arrive as well as everything on my old camera roll. For pictures saved and taken on my new 8XT, I check them on the Windows Phone desktop client and click save to computer. It says it was saved, but I can't find out where. When I started using my Arrive, it set up a folder within my main Pictures library, which was easy, but I can't find any setting that says where these are saved. I even search my computer for the file name of the picture I saved from my phone and there are no results. Am I just doing synching completely wrong or something?

Lastly, is there any way to transfer Angry Birds progress? I've googled and it seems possible for iOS and Android, but I can't find anything for Windows Phone. I wouldn't mind buying the app for WP8, but man, I got so many stars..
    But actually this is more of a question about apps in general. I was a little annoyed I couldn't just re-download things like Angry Birds, but I remember about a year ago there was the discussion how WP8's core kernel was different than WP7, which is why WP7 devices could never be upgraded to WP8 and why apps had different programming as well. But did I read that from WP8 on, things like apps would be easily adaptable to new OS's, or something along those lines? I don't play too many games on my phone, but if I start to play more on WP8, I want to know if I will eventually be able to keep all my saved data if I upgrade phones, or one day WP9.

I've had my 8XT for two days now, but man I absolutely love it, it's a huge step up from the Arrive! So happy to finally be a part of Windows Phone 8.
    Last edited by book1245; 08-05-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    08-05-2013 05:41 PM
    I don't think there's any way to change the way pictures are saved to the phone.

I feel your pain about the syncing application for WP8 to the desktop. It's horrible. I just wish Microsoft would retool Zune and make it work for WP8 devices. Zune was much better than the lousy desktop syncing app is today. I'm pretty sure it saves your pictures to My Pictures.

I don't game on my phone, so I can't help you there.

Yes, WP8 is quite an improvement over WP7. There's still work to do, but it is definitely better. Welcome to the land of WP8!
    08-05-2013 07:18 PM
    I never had windows phone 7 and I never used the Zune client, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing. However, I must say that the convenience of using SkyDrive to Sync photos through the cloud and Xbox Music Pass for music is fantastic. I'm glad that I never have to think about plugging my phone into my computer. Plus, using outlook.com to keep email, contacts, and calendar up to date on all devices completes the package for me.

I believe that windows phone 8 is a more modern OS and was designed to work differently. If you try to make it work just like your old phone, you'll probably be disappointed.
    08-05-2013 07:32 PM