GDR2 and Amber update official tweet frm Nokia

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Misleading topic - please state it's a tweet from Nokia FRANCE.

When I posted this , I didn't know it was Nokia France. You can report this thread to a moderator and they can make the changes in the title . But it is fine the way it is.

Last edited:

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
nothing on 928. I don't get it. One of the reasons I went with Nokia is that they were supposed to get updates first. It seems like ALL the lumias are getting updated last. HTC has already done updates. Samsung has done updates, but not nokia. Oh well I still love my phone. I was just hoping to see what improvements they made to xbox music. Zune was WAY better.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
ok try reading my comment again slowly, I'm RUNNING MY ORIGINAL FIRMWARE , and flashing doesn't change you iemi number, there should be an aptitude test to get on this forum!!

You asked ..."how will they (Vodafone) be able to tell the difference????"????????" and I answered it. I'm not stupid, I do know that flashing doesn't change the IMEI number so don't even try to say that I am!!!!

If it's original firmware as you claim, then there's no problem. If it's any other firmware then the carrier can tell from the IMEI number that the firmware installed is not their firmware and refuse to repair it.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
You asked ..."how will they (Vodafone) be able to tell the difference????"????????" and I answered it. I'm not stupid, I do know that flashing doesn't change the IMEI number so don't even try to say that I am!!!!

If it's original firmware as you claim, then there's no problem. If it's any other firmware then the carrier can tell from the IMEI number that the firmware installed is not their firmware and refuse to repair it.

cool you sounded like you were saying they would be able to tell by my imei number somehow i assumed you thought it would be different somehow ! the firmware is my for my carriier, branded, same product code, everything, i was just lucky that they released it for that short time !!!!

newneo

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
nothing on 928. I don't get it. One of the reasons I went with Nokia is that they were supposed to get updates first. It seems like ALL the lumias are getting updated last. HTC has already done updates. Samsung has done updates, but not nokia. Oh well I still love my phone. I was just hoping to see what improvements they made to xbox music. Zune was WAY better.

II've got it 925

p.nonnekens

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nothing here yet. I checked a couple of times today (Lumia 920, EU, unlocked, Holland)

Yeah, NokiaNL tweeted this yesterday... :asleep: "Lumia Amber update wordt in de loop van deze zomer verwacht. De beschikbaarheid is afhankelijk van het type en de variant."

Basically stating the update is due sometime this summer.